Lamar football predictions for 2014

I know a lot of us have been disappointed in the Cardinals and expected better results these last few years. They seem to have the pieces but under perform. It really appears that the schedule is very favorable this year and another 4 or 5 win season will be the biggest disappointment yet. If they take care of business they should finish no worse than 7-5 and with a few breaks here and there could finish a little higher. It's time to get a win or two against the "top" teams in the conference. Here is the schedule and my predictions:

8/30 - Grambling State (W)

9/6 - at Texas A&M (L)

9/13 - Texas College (W)

9/20 - Mississippi College (W)

9/27 - Sam Houston State (L), Huge game at home to open conference. Played them very tough last year and would be a huge win if we can get it.

10/4 - at Abilene Christian (W), Has been very good last few years at the D2 level. Can't overlook them

10/11 - Southeastern Louisiana (L)

10/18 - at Nicholls (W), Always seems to be a tough game for us but one we have to get

11/1 - Houston Baptist (W)

11/8 - at Central Arkansas (L)

11/15 - Incarnate Word (W)

11/22 - at McNeese State (L)

Interesting, you only have them winning against the newcomers to the conferece, no wins against the old members, which means that you are predicting no real improvement but more overall wins because the overall competition on the schedule is weaker!!  I would love to see real improvement!  Not sure that it will happen and I can't make a great case for more than 7 wins. I think that we will be competitive, just not sure we have the leadership to get over the hump to the next level.