Cy Falls SQT 7 on 7

I will say this the Numbers that Crosby put up last year  was very impressive. When we made our last appearance in the finals in 99-00 our offense was very balanced, we had a 3000 yard passer in Dustin Long and we had Running backs in Bo Wortham and Jeff Bergereon jr along with backups Baxter who compiled 3000 yards rushing. Love a balanced offense. If Crosby can duplicate their Numbers this year like last years team they can surely make some noise.

At some point you have to be able to stop someone. If you try and out score people you can not turn the ball over and need to be mistake free on special teams also.

BINGO.

Along with what Biaplayer was saying about the 99 team, they had a very good defense anchored by excellent LBers and a hard hitting Safety. They allowed that team to win games in the playoffs when the other team was able to slow down our offense. Think Schertz Clemens and holding a very good Lamarque team to 7.

That was Crosby's downfall last year, but it was also PNG's downfall and ultimately Elgins as well.

7 on 7 will help with the timing in the passing game on both O and D, but it will not solve the issues with tackling that have plagued PNG the last few years. Just gotta get hard nosed up front

THE 99-00 TEAM was as well balanced a team that I have probably ever watched play. the linebackers were undersized but when they blitzed which is something I haven't really seen a lot of these days from us, they Hit the holes and wrecked shop. I believe if im not mistaken it was Boudiun,lang , clark. Golke played safety and had baxter at cornerback(also played backup running back and could easily have been the starter had we not had the two starters in the backfield already). We had depth at every position. was fun to watch them. Golke was one of the hardest hitting safeties to step foot on Defense. When we played Lamarque he damn near killed one of their wide receivers, he could have intercepted the ball, but chose to send the kid off the field on a stretcher. that just set the tone for the game. My favorite game of that year was playing Then ranked #9 Nederland. It was at the Reservation and Nederland fell 31-8. The only team to beat us in Regular season play was of course WOS and it went down to the wire. Shurtz- clemmons had a hell of a team. we faced them in the semifinals and it went down to the final drive with Dustin Long taking control after pretty much being held in check all game. The Defense like you said kept us in games when the offense was lagging which wasn't too often that year! That was a fun ride. The Briles kid was unbelievable he took it to a whole new level in the finals,just utter jawdropping moves everywhere on the field.