Writer predicts Rangers in 07 World Series

Writer predicts Rangers in 07 World Series

Yep, you read that correctly. There is currently a story on mlb.com asking 15 big questions about 07. The last question is who will get to the Fall Classic and this guy said it could be the Rangers. You can read the story at the link below....

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061229&content_id=1768414&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I think the Rangers have a solid team this year, I don't think it is impossible to see them in the Fall Classic. Their lineup is stout. Teixeira, Blalock and Young are an awesome trio in the middle of the lineup who can produce tons of runs. Lofton is still a good leadoff man at age 40 and Kinsler had a good rookie year at 2nd base. If Wilkerson can be consistent, he will only add to their good lineup. They have Catalanotto back and he is a Loretta type player who can play anywhere you need him. Their starting pitching is suspect but I like Millwood and Brandon McCarthy at 1 and 2, with Padilla holding down the 3 spot. Koronka will keep getting better and Robinson Tejada is a good young arm. If Gagne gets back to himself, I really like their bullpen with Otsuka as the setup man, if not then that is a major weakness for the Rangers.

the rangers dont have that bad of a team but they play in the weakest divsion in the american league. im not saying that it is impossible for them to make the fall classic but the east and central divisions are gonna be tough to get by.

How many people thought the Cardinals would dominate the Tigers? It would be tough, but I believe they have a good lineup and decent pitching and could make some things happen in the postseason. They need to find some consistency in their play though. If they can start off fast like the Tigers did last year, watch out for them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder