Season Ends for Emporia State

http://www.esuhornets.com/news/2014/5/18/BB_0518142215.aspx

This was by far the toughest baseball season in a while. Even the last year at UH, which was miserable in a completely different way, was not so bad. One of the main reasons we went with UH was the proximity to home. Our family would be able to see 30 home games every year, That was going to be awesome. Then, Price was released after his injury and was thankfully given a second chance at Emporia St in Kansas. We knew that we would not see as many games in person. It would just not be possible.

In January, just as the season started, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went to as many games as she could before her surgery in March. (She had her first chemo treatment last week). We have followed every game thanks to the internet. What a blessing live scoring has been.

We are ready for next year, but it's looking like it could be our last one as baseball parents. What a wonderful ride this has been.

Thanks to all of you on SETX Sports for putting up with me over the years. This site has provided me with an outlet when things have been rough especially these past few months. God or bad, I enjoy "talking" with you all.

Andy Jacobs