TX Strikers 16U

softball2011

Looking for pick-up utility player to cover games here and there in month of April.  Permanent position possibly available for right fit.  Looking to add fast outfielder/big bat ..... who isn't right??  If interested just email me here and I will get info to team manager.  Must be 16 or younger as of Jan1 this year.

Isn't this the team that broke up because the coach quit mid season last year?  Is the same person trying to start it back up now, if so how long does he plan to play half the season or the whole season?  hard to commit to a team when you don't know how long they will last.  Daddy ball live and well even at this age.

Isn't this the team that broke up because the coach quit mid season last year?  Is the same person trying to start it back up now, if so how long does he plan to play half the season or the whole season?  hard to commit to a team when you don't know how long they will last.  Daddy ball live and well even at this age.

Well first off how many teams around here aren't daddy ball. No matter what you think some daddy or mom is controlling things either on the field or with the money. Most teams around here have dad's coaching. When this team dissolved it was being coached by Lamar PA coaches. I don't exactly know why they quit or do I care cause my daughter doesn't play for them. I'm sure your one of those parents who is a cancer to whatever team your daughter plays for and your always jumping from team to team. Why would you come on here bashing another team unless there is a motive behind it. Daddy ball is alive and well and I have seen several daddy ball teams do well at the world series and some teams with paid coaches go home earlier. I can tell you this most of them daddies care way more about their teams then most all of them paid coaches. Thanks from a proud daddy ball coaching fool.

My daughter was on this team,and for whatever reason the coaching staff busted up. The girl's fall season and the team for that matter was saved by some "DAD Coaches".  From my personal experiences, the only time the "daddy ball" term gets throwed around is when a team is losing or "Little Susie" isn't playing SS or she is sitting because she isn't playing well. But,hey...teams bust up,and new teams will form. From one season to the next things will change,thats the nature of select softball/baseball,just look around at the number of teams and organizations in our area. At the end of the day you have to do whats best for your kid...

Well said. That group was a joy to be associated with and it was extremely unfortunate how it ended up. All of the girls deserve better and I hope they succeed in whatever they do. With that said it's entirely useless to harbor animosity about that or any softball situation for that matter. We need to keep in perspective that it's about the kids. They are why we get involved initially and every decision should be for the good of the team. You'll never make everyone happy but that's with any group or organization.