22-3A Tuesday 1/16/07 Scores

Guest StrosB4Hoes

My Predictions:

Tarkington (1-0) at Splendora (1-0)

Shepherd (0-2) at Coldspring(2-0)

Liberty (0-1) at Cleveland  (0-1) 

Liberty wins because they stop Clevelands top scorer S. Walker. Thats how  Splendora got the win! They held him to 11pts and he averages about 20pts a game. Clevelands results show that they let you score big but try to win by out running you. You play hard D and you will slip right by them. Just like Splendora proved.

Coldspring got the win out of the way and will be working hard for the game Friday at Tarkington.

As for Tarkington (16-5) and Splendora (14-7) it will be a tough game for both. Both teams have winning records as you can see. Splendora is more of a Defensive team without the scoring that Tarkington has. With that said If Tarkingtons D plays as hard as they have been then this game will be a much needed win for them! Being that the game will be in Splendora the score will be low for Tarkington but very close.  Good Luck to both Teams!

Guest sleeper02

I figured Tarkington was known more for their defense than offense (scored 44 points in each of their last 2 games that is lighting it up). I believe it will be a defensive game with the cats winning a close one. As for Cleveland/Liberty Cleveland rebounds after a dissapointing loss to splendora and wins by 15 over the panthers. here are my district predictions for the season.

Coldspring (10-0)

Splendora (8-2) Losses only to Coldspring and Tarkington

Tarkington (7-3) Loses to Coldspring twice and Splendora once

Cleveland (5-5) Loses to Coldspring twice, splendora twice, liberty once

Liberty (5-5) Losses to Coldspring twice, splendora twice, Cleveland once

Shepherd (0-10) Losses to everyone

Guest StrosB4Hoes

Yes Tarkington and Splendora are known more for their defense but Tarkington is a better offenseive team than Splendora. In my opionion.

Sleeper your predictions aren't very realistic by what you stated. I can see the district ending up like that. The math is a little off though. First of all If Coldspring wins out thats 10 wins. Therefore Wildkats loose twice to Coldsprings.  Tarkington couldnt go (7-3) because you have them loosing to Liberty twice, Cleveland twice, Coldspring twice, and Splendora once. They would end up (3-7). There is no way Tarkington only wins 3 games.

Guest sleeper02

my apologies, I messed up, here are the corrected standings

Coldspring (10-0) Runs the Table

Splendora (7-3) losses to c-spring twice and tarkington once

Tarkington (6-4) losses to c-spring twice and splendora once, and cleveland once

Cleveland (5-5) loses to c-spring twice, splendora twice, and tarkington once

Liberty (2-8) beats Shepherd twice

Shepherd (0-10) losses to everyone, early start to football offseason and track

StrosB4Hoes i hope that clears things up, sorry for the math error earlier......no matter how the season winds up it is going to be some good hoops to watch for the next few weeks

Guest StrosB4Hoes

Its alright sleeper. I do like your standings they do seem very logic! I would like to see Tarkington finish up in that number 2 spot! Hope they can pull it out!

Tonight's games could both be good ones.  Splendora and Tarkington will be battling to see who stays in first place, and Liberty and Cleveland will be looking to stay only one game back.

Splendora's been looking good here lately, especially after smoking perennial favorite Cleveland, 52-34, in the district opener.  They also have a streak of five games going in which they've held their opponents to less than 40 points.  Tarkington, however, is off to a great start as well, with a 16-5 season record, according to the Chronicle.

Liberty lost a close one to Coldspring in their opener, while Cleveland fell hard at Splendora.  Liberty will be playing to prove that their first game wasn't a fluke, while Cleveland will be looking to show that theirs was.

Does anyone have any information on game times for these?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder