13U Southeast Texas Sun Devils Elite/Premier Open Tryouts

Sun Devils Baseball tryouts will be held August 10th at 9:30 am at the Sun Devils
training facility.

The Sun Devils facility is on the corner of Major Dr and Folsom next to Wesley Methodist Church in Beaumont.

Please register by email to Matison Smith with name and positions. The Sun Devils 13u email is [email protected].

Private tryouts upon request

Mr. Smith,

Who are the Sun Devils and what is the difference between your group and others. I am familiar with the name and location, but never have seen them at any of the local tournaments.  I drove past your facility and it seemed very impressive.

I sent you an email for the tryout and look forward to meeting you and Matt Thompson.

Thanks

Thank you for your interest.When i played for the SunDevils i was 17/18 ,we played a few tournaments  locally and a few that were on the southern east coast. The primary goal of that team was to put talented high school players in front of as many scouts and college coaches as possible.We are creating this 13u team with the intentions of becoming a feeder team for that older team. The facility is a laid back training environment where the kids can learn how to work on their own, while having coaches on site to help or assist them if needed. I hope this helps to answer your questions, we will see you at the tryout.

[color=red][b]Reminder:[/b][/color]  Saturday morning, 8/10/13 promptly at 9:30 am Sun Devils will begin tryouts for their 2014, 13 year old team.  If you have not signed up, you are still welcome to participate.

We believe this will be an awesome team and look forward to a competitive tryout.

Thanks

Matison Smith
Coach 13u Sun Devils

[quote name="Mr. Glove" post="1424736" timestamp="1376666829"]
[quote author=AV8 link=topic=113080.msg1424704#msg1424704 date=1376659940]
I think they may still be doing private tryouts.
[/quote]

I heard the kids who took lessons from the coach have made the team, how many more spots will they fill for the elite team and also the premier team?
[/quote]
That just might be the case! My son ran the fastest time, fielded outfield and infield well with strong accurate throws and even pitched well, hitting was average that day for a 3 week layoff! My other son fielded 1st base really well digging out everything, pitched well and is a very good outfielder, hitting was average and running! They surprisingly did not make the team and they were better than most of the competition! Oh well, what God has for them is for them so I guess this isn't there time!   

[quote name="JRidge" post="1425078" timestamp="1376742016"]
[quote author=Mr. Glove link=topic=113080.msg1424736#msg1424736 date=1376666829]
[quote author=AV8 link=topic=113080.msg1424704#msg1424704 date=1376659940]
I think they may still be doing private tryouts.
[/quote]

I heard the kids who took lessons from the coach have made the team, how many more spots will they fill for the elite team and also the premier team?
[/quote]
That just might be the case! My son ran the fastest time, fielded outfield and infield well with strong accurate throws and even pitched well, hitting was average that day for a 3 week layoff! My other son fielded 1st base really well digging out everything, pitched well and is a very good outfielder, hitting was average and running! They surprisingly did not make the team and they were better than most of the competition! Oh well, what God has for them is for them so I guess this isn't there time! 
[/quote]

What was a good time for the running portion?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder