Check out whats going on across the river!

http://sportsnola.com/sports/prep-sports/blogs/vote-passes-to-split-louisiana-high-school-football-playoffs-into-select-non-select-brackets.html

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/5481713-123/lhsaa-executive-committee-to-tackle

Wonder how this would go over here in Texas.........It would work out nicely in basketball most certainly  ;) Im not so sure as far as football though but thats just my opinion.

We are seperate now with the exeption of a few privates in 5A. Been saying for years that our seperation of public / private is what makes Friday night lights exciting in Texas.
I laughed at the assanign statement from one private school principal about this not teaching equality to our youth. Allowing recruiting privates to compete against non recruiting publics sure sounds equal to me!  ::). Give me a break. At the very least they should have all privates playing in 5A.  John Curtis Christian is named after the active head football coach for pete sake, its a football academy with an enrollment of 200- 300 students of which 150 play football 

[quote name="badndn" post="1390436" timestamp="1364816914"]
We are seperate now with the exeption of a few privates in 5A. Been saying for years that our seperation of public / private is what makes Friday night lights exciting in Texas.
I laughed at the assanign statement from one private school principal about this not teaching equality to our youth. Allowing recruiting privates to compete against non recruiting publics sure sounds equal to me!  ::). Give me a break. At the very least they should have all privates playing in 5A.  John Curtis Christian is named after the active head football coach for pete sake, its a football academy with an enrollment of 200- 300 students of which 150 play football
[/quote]+1

Guest BigCountry66
The public schools in Louisiana have been getting bullied by private schools for a while.  All I used to hear about was how nobody wanted to play Evangel out of Shreveport.  West Monroe played them once in front of 40,000.  Had to play the game in the Independence Bowl.  A friend from Shreveport area told me once, "In Texas, you go to private school for quality education and public school for quality athletics.  In Louisiana, it's just the opposite".  That was 20 years ago. 

What's interesting is that if you jump over to the Basketball forums and read about Triple A or AAA or whatever they are called, it sounds just like Evangel in football.  You simply can't let private, charter, magnet, etc schools to compete against public schools.  It's an unfair advantage to be able to acquire your athletes in such a way that is totally different than a geographical boundary used by public schools. 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1390519" timestamp="1364833093"]
The public schools in Louisiana have been getting bullied by private schools for a while.  All I used to hear about was how nobody wanted to play Evangel out of Shreveport.  West Monroe played them once in front of 40,000.  Had to play the game in the Independence Bowl.  A friend from Shreveport area told me once, "In Texas, you go to private school for quality education and public school for quality athletics.  In Louisiana, it's just the opposite".  That was 20 years ago. 

What's interesting is that if you jump over to the Basketball forums and read about Triple A or AAA or whatever they are called, it sounds just like Evangel in football.  You simply can't let private, charter, magnet, etc schools to compete against public schools.  It's an unfair advantage to be able to acquire your athletes in such a way that is totally different than a geographical boundary used by public schools.
[/quote]

+1 Well said

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1390519" timestamp="1364833093"]

[/quote]Totally agree

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1390536" timestamp="1364837125"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=110708.msg1390519#msg1390519 date=1364833093]

[/quote]Totally agree
[/quote]
I totally agree, and raise you a "totally agree."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder