For MEAT!

Hey Swingbuild. I am a student of the swing myself only not on the level some of you have shown and i have a question. All of these swings are different approaches yet really the same when broken down. The question i have is on a 1a level when the kids have limited time, because they participate in everything , for practice or to truely dedicate themselves to the sport what is the most important aspect to concentrate on when teaching them to hit. I understand the concepts involved in teaching the linear and rotational ideas but in this situation unless the player has  a previous knowledge of the subject there is no way to make them understand with the limited time. Thanks if you reply.

Duke, the things that a player like you mentioned, needs to concentrate on are his ability to maintain his posture throughout his swing and his ability to stay connected with his hands to the back shoulder area.

Notice, if you will, in some of the other clips I have posted on this site. Notice how those big league hitters keep the same relationship with their hands and back shoulder from start and into the rotation.

Duke, notice the hands in this clip....

Bondsconnection.gif

and this one.....

http://www.builder.hittingillustrated.com/Pro/connection.mpg

You and players like that would be served well to see lots of swing clips of the best. www.hittingillustrated.com then go to the forums button.

Meat, As long as a hitter can maintain good connection. Thats the hands relationship to the back shoulder then it will be easy for any hitter to stay inside the ball. Grif as always been one of my favorites.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder