Baytown Lee Track

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1386140" timestamp="1363493867"]
The transfer from Liberty, Robinson, has the top time in the state at the moment in the 200 in 4a.
Lee's 800 and 1600 relay are both top 5 in the state in 4a.

Nice for Lee to do well in something for the first time in a while.
[/quote]

Robinson was also in Dayton for a short while Jr. High... had no idea he was that kind of athlete. I was very impressed at the BH meet. Lee has a good all around track team.

• 4 weeks later...
Lee had another kid named Jacoby Fountain that made it into the 100 meter finals.  He also apparently is a transfer from Liberty.
This is the first time I have watched the Lee track team this year.  Just been keeping up with results. 
Robinson is an electric athlete. 
Can't wait to see him on the football field next year.
The relay teams both have 3 underclassmen on them, so the Lee track team should be good to go for next year too.
Very exuberant fan base cheering on the Ganders out there tonight.  Robinson's mother was very proud of her son, as well she should be.

• 2 weeks later...
Lee got dq'd in the 1600 relay unfortunately.
800 relay will be in finals today with the 4th best prelim time.
Robinson turned in top 10 national times in the 100(10.55) and 200(21.35) to get through to the finals.
Unfortunately, that top 10 time in the 100 was 3rd best in the prelims behind Burrell and Brown.
If he can finish 3rd in the finals, he should be the at large pick to go to state with that sort of time.

Just too bad they did not get through in the 1600 relay.  I think they had a real shot to place in both of those relays and have Robinson place at state, and maybe end up with a top 3 overall finish at state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83