Beginning the Second Half of the Season

WellRead

After observing the first half of the season, here are some thoughts about the second half, based on 37-4A boys games I have been able to attend. The district seems to have parity. No one team stands out as in the past. Most teams are still in the playoff hunt.
    Players, continue to play strong, solid soccer using the skills and abilities you have, avoiding the "dirty-nasties" that diminish your play and tarnishes your school's reputation.
    Parents, remember to support your child positively even when things aren't going their way. Be respectful of everyone that is on the field, even when you disagree with them. Listen to the UIL sportsmanship statement read before the beginning of every game. (?)
    I am disappointed to see only 2 referees calling the games this year. This makes for a difficult assignment and things will be missed. However, I encourage the referees (in case any are reading this, which I doubt) to call the game fairly and consistently, and focus on the action on the field, not in the stands. A divided focus means a job half done. To the "stand" referees, tone it down. Unfortunately, two thousand screaming fans are not there to cover your voices.
    I have enjoyed watching the young men play so far! Good luck to all in the second half!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83