West Hardin Knocks off HD

Obviously Sunshine is a little jealous these are kids we're talking about and your dogging on them about what A they are and saying who they can beat and who they can't beat instead of admitting what a good job they're doing for having such slim pickings to pick from. They can't help they're not a big school and they don't get to pick who they play.(they boys) If they could they would probably chose the big teams and yes they would probably beat them too. No matter what A they are!!!!!! The more challenge the better!

West Hardin was in a very tough 2A district last year and with Kountze, E. Chambers, and Newton in your district it would be tough to take first or second.  Last year they had 1A numbers in school but were stuck in a 2A district.  They are a legit 1A basketball team and the 2A district gave them great experience for the tougher 1A teams as their record shows.  They have a great group of seniors.  Next year the talent level will drop but this year is what a 1A school that doesn't play basketball all year waits for every 5 -10 years.  You enjoy it when it happens.  HD has 2 juniors and 5 sophomores on varsity with 2 more pretty good sophomores on J.V.  They should be in the same boat for the next two years. 

What school am i from? HJ and i'm proud of it. WH does have 2 very solid players (and #13 who comes in off the bench aka stoke dogg lol) But none like donahoe. HJ has a full 5 that can flat out play and a few off the bench. I hope WH wins state one of my best friends goes their. I mean they should but we'll see.

Intelligent observation, backspin.  FYI, Sunshine, West Hardin's 16-0 record includes at least five or six victories over 3A schools, a couple over 2A schools and one over #2 state-ranked Goodrich.  West Hardin's numbers have technically been 1A for at least the last year or two, but they've been playing in a 2A district because redistricting only occurs every three years.  And you don't go 16-0 without FIVE SOLID STARTERS.  West Hardin has possibly the best 1A player in the state of Texas in Letsinger and Tyler Copeland isn't far behind.  Zach Simmons regularly scores in the double digits (and DOES NOT get the credit he deserves!), and Jared Tomlinson and Matthew Hashaw make more than a solid contribution to every game. 

That said, HJ has an incredible team as well, and you should be proud!  I'm just not sure why you're spending your time worrying about the little 1A team down the road...could it be a tinge of jealousy in that we've now gone around three weeks longer undefeated than ya'll did?

Intelligent observation, backspin.  FYI, Sunshine, West Hardin's 16-0 record includes at least five or six victories over 3A schools, a couple over 2A schools and one over #2 state-ranked Goodrich.  West Hardin's numbers have technically been 1A for at least the last year or two, but they've been playing in a 2A district because redistricting only occurs every three years.  And you don't go 16-0 without FIVE SOLID STARTERS.  West Hardin has possibly the best 1A player in the state of Texas in Letsinger and Tyler Copeland isn't far behind.  Zach Simmons regularly scores in the double digits (and DOES NOT get the credit he deserves!), and Jared Tomlinson and Matthew Hashaw make more than a solid contribution to every game. 

That said, HJ has an incredible team as well, and you should be proud!  I'm just not sure why you're spending your time worrying about the little 1A team down the road...could it be a tinge of jealousy in that we've now gone around three weeks longer undefeated than ya'll did?

Very well said, The only thing is redistricting occurs every two years.  minor point, but I would hate to give sunshine some ammo.

redistricting happens every two years genius. im not saying they only have two have three good players that number 12 i think on the bench Stokley he be ballin. and ive seen donahoe win a game by himself and kobe bryant can so i think two can beat it but you are right they do have an okay other three starters

Thanks for the info Shermdog; I thought it was three.

Sunshine, I was kind of surprised to find out today that you're Stokley's best friend.  He's a great guy, and you probably are, too, but you're sure not making any friends on this site.  By the way, we can compare IQ's anyday. ;)

no west Hardin might go undeafeted but knowing their coach he will give them a great team to battle for their playoff warm up game and even if they lose before then oh well everyone loses. WH has always been a team i looked at cause one of my good friends goes their. now this bandwagon of yours if its heading for the ocean i might hav eto jump :D lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder