this is not right

Kountze beat Goodrich by 10 at Kountze. 

Kountze beat Goodrich by 12 on nuetral floor.

West Hardin beat Goodrich by 4 at Goodrich.

Is Kountze better than WH?  Probably. 

Does comparing common opponents mean that much?  Not really.

Would Kountze "demolish" West Hardin?  Doubtful.

WH's 5 could play and could beat(notice i didnt say would) Kountze starting 5. Depth is where Kountze would gain a big advantage.

Demolish is a very strong word.  The Kountze team this year is about as good as they were last year.  The only thing they really gained was depth on the bench.  West Hardin on the other hand has 4 starters back that have all improved since last year with Letsinger at the point guard position.  All players are now a year older and you can tell the confidence in their game is much higher than it was when they were JR’s.  Despite what texasbasketballfan thinks, I would say this would be an awesome game.  Too bad they didn’t meet in a tourney along the way.

I don't see anyone demolishing WH.They are fundamentally sound.If you don't turn the ball over and control tempo WH would make this closer than most people think.I really have enjoyed watching WH as these kids get older,Warren has played them every year and I knew they would be solid this year.They shoot the ball real well and that will keep you in any game if you avoid turnovers.Matchups and emotion play a huge part in high school basketball.I would give the edge to Kountze but I think it would be less than ten.Common opponents mean absolutely nothing,its all about matchups.

Guest allsportsfan

Wh stayed in the games with Kountze and East Chambers last year and are much improved this year. They could play with and could beat many of these teams on the right night. I am not saying they would beat them, but they could. They are as good and even better than a lot of 2-3a schools. They have beaten Liberty, Kirbyville, Tarkington, Shephard, and Warren. They beat a couple of those teams twice. They also beat a very good Goodrich team that could also play with most teams.

Sometimes small schools get good groups of very talented players.

Kountze and WH both deserve any props they get right now.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83