ICW gets SLC invite Monday

UNLV

That's 14 schools, 11 that play football.  ACU and ICW are D2 so they won't be eligible for any SLC championships for 5 years.  I bet Lamar won't be in the SLC at the point.  Burnett (the SLC commissioner) stated in an interview a few months ago that they are being proactive in case more schools leave the conference.  I expect the SLC will be back to a 12/9 setup within 5 years.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1248442" timestamp="1345603698"]
That's 14 schools, 11 that play football.  ACU and ICW are D2 so they won't be eligible for any SLC championships for 5 years.  I bet Lamar won't be in the SLC at the point.  Burnett (the SLC commissioner) stated in an interview a few months ago that they are being proactive in case more schools leave the conference.  I expect the SLC will be back to a 12/9 setup within 5 years.
[/quote]Lamar has a reasonable chance at moving to FBS. SHSU is currently the best football, but I don't think the Huntsville area can put enough fans in the seat to attract a FBS invite. SHSU vs ULM, SHSU vs ULL, SHSU vs Ark st....I just don't see a bigger jump in their attendance playing in the SBC vs the current SLC schools. Ark st and ULL are former LU conference mates and rivals. I don'f see any other SLC school that can attract a FBS invite. Lamar is struggling for that invite.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder