Stjfl schedules

Stjfl schedules or wacked!! In the Pee wee's small school division their are only 8 teams and they are split into two divisions? What's up with that? some teams are playing 4 non conference games and only 3 conference games :/ what's the purpose of having a small school and big school division if your going to play more games outside your division. Can someone please answer that one for me?????????????

A NC game isn't necessarily against a "large" school, it could be against a "small" school in the other conference. You can only have 3 C games since there are only 4 teams in your conference. Ideally you would have the small schools play all 7 other small schools and 1 large school. But I imagine the scheduling was a nightmare trying to get all (Flag-Senior) of each schools teams to play at the same location.

yes i do understand and have empathy for those who were involved in the scheduling, i could just imagine it was a nightmare, but in saying that, it would have been a nightmare either way you scheduled it. it just makes more since, being there are only 8 teams in pee wee, in the small school division,  that you would only have one division, each team plays 7 conferece games and one nc game, top four teams make it to the playoffs.  i'm asuming the reason stjfl went to the small school, large school format is the competitive factor, the bigger schools having a larger athletic pool to choose from right? well its kinda defeating the whole purpose, if your team is having to play more games against the larger schools than they do against the smaller schools,  just my opinion. i dont have a dog in the hunt just coaching cause i love the game and love teaching the young men that are playing, either way we will lace them up and compete against who ever lines up across from us. win, loose or draw just ready for some football!!!

Big/small school format is fine. Mixing it up and still letting all the teams have a chance to play each other during the regular season and separating them for the playoffs is okay. Why would you not want to  play some of the bigger/smaller schools?? I think all small school teams should want to play against a few of the big schools in a N/C game. I know Wos will hate to play ONLY small school teams and not have the chance to play PNG, Ned, Lum and Bmt

I am all for it Gucci, personally I liked it the way it was everybody plays everybody, but they decided to go small school, large school.  They still could have keep pee wee small school in one division and played 3 or 4 NC games.  my thing is being in the small school division, but playing more NC games than C gms. We play 4 Nc and only 3 C Just don't make since, but like I said we gonna hit the field come aug 25th and play till the last whistle is blown and the clock hits 00:00

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn