Is #2 Newton overated?

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1240328" timestamp="1343416666"]
you have to look at the other teams in the state that are usually strong and see what they have lost. a lot of the normally strong teams have lost a lot of good players. Newton's line will be sophmores, the line will be better and as the year goes on they will get even stronger. The skill players are back, the defense will be stronger. 2a ball depends on a little luck with injuries because they do not have the dept of larger class teams.
when u have winning programs such as Newton, WO-S, etc.. then a lot of the teams or people like Bunaboy become jealous. I can sure understand why Bunaboy is upset, looking back on the scores of the playoff games Newton had with them. A couple of years in the 3A district you will be disliking WO-S also.
[/quote]

Not jealous. my days of varsity football are over. i could care less how Buna does over the next 10 years. i just don't see how people can think a team can go from not winning district, to winning state? they get the big head this year and EC will beat them again. that's why coaches tell their players to not even look past their next game.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1240353" timestamp="1343422592"]
I'm confussed. What did Bunaboy say that wasn't true? 10-2A has been dominated by 1 team...and it wasn't Newton. Will that change this year? I doubt it.
[/quote]I agree, E.C has the title until proven other wise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83