Luke Scott to Detroit

PNG70

Trade for Astros' Scott still makes sense

Lynn Henning / The Detroit New

Jim McIsaac/Getty Images

Luke Scott had 72 hits including 10 homers and 19 doubles in 214 at-bats for the Astros last season for a batting average of .336.

Burning questions as the Tigers prepare to quiet down during Christmas and, perhaps, polish their roster in the days after New Year's:

Q. Are the Tigers done dealing, drafting, buying and otherwise tweaking their team ahead of spring training?

A. Plan on one more move. A left-hand hitting outfielder is coming soon to a Comerica Park clubhouse near you. The Tigers might yet deal for Luke Scott, the 28-year-old outfielder they apparently chased hard at last week's Winter Meetings.

The Astros have undergone some turbulence since then (losing Andy Pettite, trading for Jason Jennings) and could yet lose Roger Clemens. It makes sense that they will try to improve in various ways that the Tigers could facilitate

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please don't leave me Hottie Luke Scottie!!!

Guest Sports Cards

I read that article, it's from Detroit, and not accurate. They almost had a three team deal with Detroit, Baltimore and the Stros, but it fell through. The pitcher we would have gotten from Baltimore is crap. They won't give up Scott for him.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/astros/rumors.html

Guest Sports Cards

You never know though with these Houston General Managers. They've proven themselves incompetent time and time again. They may trade Luke Scott for some 42 year old middle reliever who hasn't pitched in three years, lol....

tell yall what, if the astros are stupid enough to disrupt there offense, then they deserve to come in second or third. doesn't make any sense that when they finally get a stout lineup, they want to play with it. i think the pitching will come thru. keep luke scott. they'll end up regretting it if they trade him. that's my oppinion. he's what they need. damn!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

They will probably ending up trading him for a backup batboy and three pairs of dirty socks.

Then needing to shore up the leadoff spot' date=' they will trade for Taveras (yes bringing him back) for Berkman and Adam Everett.

I can see it now![/quote']

:lol::lol::lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami