Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1193793" timestamp="1331151140"]
Is the qb coming back for GCM?
Seems like they should have a really good offense over there assuming Gibson plays.
[/quote]

He was a Jr., so he should be. (Unless you know something.)

That is a HUGE assumption.

They should compete with the guys they have coming back.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1193797" timestamp="1331152254"]
I know nothing.
They had a soph running back that didn't even play against Lee correct?
That qb was the best qb in the district in my opinion.
Gibson is the best receiver.
They should be able to move the ball on anyone, Dawson included.
[/quote]

Yes. He had been suspended for an incident in the prior weeks game. He could be very good the next two years.

At least the most athletic. He played with a leg injury for most of the season.

I would not get too excited about Gibson playing for GCM.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1194238" timestamp="1331232614"]
I thought Lee had a very athletic team last year.  They sure need a coch though.  How many transfers you think Lee loses to the rating issue?
[/quote]

34. Most went to GCM. (20 GCM /14 RSS)

[i]Baytown Sun
Goose Creek CISD officials reported this week that 34 total requests for transfer – requests made allowable due to the “academically unacceptable” ratings at Robert E. Lee High and Bowie Elementary schools – were received by the Feb. 3 deadline.

Of those 34 – none of which were from Bowie – 14 requests were to attend Ross S. Sterling High and 20 were for Goose Creek Memorial.[/i]

The transfers can only include those students that can provide their own transportation. That cut the numbers way down.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1194276" timestamp="1331235411"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=97244.msg1194238#msg1194238 date=1331232614]
I thought Lee had a very athletic team last year.  They sure need a coch though.  How many transfers you think Lee loses to the rating issue?
[/quote]

[i]Baytown Sun
Goose Creek CISD officials reported this week that 34 total requests for transfer – requests made allowable due to the “academically unacceptable” ratings at Robert E. Lee High and Bowie Elementary schools – were received by the Feb. 3 deadline.

Of those 34 – none of which were from Bowie – 14 requests were to attend Ross S. Sterling High and 20 were for Goose Creek Memorial.[/i]

The transfers can only include those students that can provide their own transportation. That cut the numbers way down.
[/quote]

Well heck-fire!  If they can run a 4.4 or are 220 and can run a 4.6 we'll get them wheels.  ;D ;D

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1194343" timestamp="1331239765"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=97244.msg1194276#msg1194276 date=1331235411]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=97244.msg1194238#msg1194238 date=1331232614]
[/quote]

[i]Baytown Sun

[/quote]

Well heck-fire!  If they can run a 4.4 or are 220 and can run a 4.6 we'll get them wheels.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

You must not have seen the REL undersquads play last year.

Lee lost a lot of those athletes.
I'm not as in tune with the program as I used to be, but I am pretty sure a lot of those guys graduated.

They have a very good qb and rb coming back.  They have a few good defensive backs coming back.
That' about it.

You're about to see some very lean years for Lee.  I'm talking about 0-10 years.  This year coming up should be productive assuming all of the good players didn't transfer.  After that.... :'(

I don't see anyway but UP for GCM.  That's no to say they are bad either, just lot's of growth in the area and getting a few transfers will help.  GCM and BH are both in good shape for growth when the economy turns a little more. 

Where does Crosby and GCM districts meet geographically?  There is a lot of undeveloped land between the two, if some of the larger land owners turn loose of it.  Same goes for BH, but there is a lot of missing infastructure in both (municipalities).  Can be expensive to develope when you have to build sewer and water plants, along with roads and electrical.  Need a couple master planning folks to come in with a large investor and build a Sienna Plantation, or Kingwood type development. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476