18 3A round 1 over

txcan

Jasper and Huntington end up 5-1 after the first round.  Center, Hudson and Central close in the middle and Diboll and Kirbyville at the bottom.  Nothing is set in stone and no sure predictions can be made, but it will be a close one in the end I fill.  Even though Huntington is at the top, the had 3 point games with Central and Hudson and went into overtime with Jasper and Center.  Should be an interesting 2nd half of district play for everyone.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1164324" timestamp="1327275637"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=94656.msg1164317#msg1164317 date=1327274269]
I look for Pollock Central to have a strong second half.
[/quote]

How many teams will be forced to encounter the Gestapo in the second half?
[/quote]Just three...... home court advantage....
;D

Huntington is in the drivers seat IMO.  I honestly look for them to win district, and even if they fall short, I say they get a playoff spot.  Either will be a great accomplishment for Huntington, and something that Huntignton needs badly.  I hope they can build on this for the furture.
For too long, they have been the doormat of the district, and have more State Championships than any other school among the district.  It is time to get back in the hunt.
I see alot of changes around the school over the passed 15 years.  At one time, football was the only focus and other sports didnt get much attention from the coaches.  The Athletic department is giving all sports the opportunity to be successful now, which when I talk to coaches, they will all say is the sign of a great AD).  I am glad to see it, it is the sign of good administration and good athletic coaches and directors.
Keep it up Huntington, and finish strong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124