Public Apology and Parent's Role in Student-Atheletes

First, let me start this out by apologizing to Helveston for a remark that was made about him negatively and about his mother. Thankfully, it was pulled from the thread before too many people saw it. I was having a bad day, which by-the-way, does not ever excuse me from saying publicaly what my personal opinion is, especially if it hurts another human being - so for that hurt, I am sorry.

Let me know put what I should have put in the first place. A player stands out from the rest on several factors - first and foremost, what kind of "person" that player is. Are you a good student, a hard worker, a person that plays for the "team", works hard everyday at getting better and is a joy to coach and play with and watch?

As parents, we have the job to produce good, contributing members of society, whether it is on the baseball field or a person working at Wal-Mart. We should use everything in our power to help our young people reach their goals, in a positive way. We give them the best of what we each can afford, but the most important thing we can give these young men (and women) is the lessons in life to make them good, caring, loving fair people that other people want to be around. I am working hard on that for my children. We all slip, but the important thing is to make it right and get back again and keep trying.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086