2012 Offshore and New Boat

bh89-2

[quote name="westend1" post="1202717" timestamp="1332884295"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=92975.msg1202327#msg1202327 date=1332806877]
Thanks Liltex for posting.  Here is more info. 

1st.  If you wear a Dayton sucks shirt you get $50 off.......LOL

Seriously,

Next trips planned for 7th and 8th of April out of Freeport.  details to be sent to those who confirm intent to go.  Fishing for Aj's, wahoo, mahi-mahi, grouper, etc.  Trip will leave Kirby Marina in Freeport (actually just east of Hitchcock) at 5:30AM.  Return to dock around 6PM.
[/quote]  All right smokin baby, I want in.  Sold my offshore boat today.  My son and i will take a spot this summer.  Just let us know when you have a couple of spots.
[/quote]

Sure, we can get you out there and put the boy on some fish.  Snapper season usually opens June 1st, probably best time to take son.  That being said we still catch fish this time of year.  We just get to keep more during snapper season.

I got 2 spots open for this Sunday.  I am in an airport in canada right now, but feel free to send me an email if your intersted.  [email protected]

Keep in mind, weather for Sunday is slightly questionable.  Calling for 2-4 seas, so not perfect conditions, but still trip-worthy.  May not run 90 miles or anything like that, but fish we will catch. 

• 3 months later...
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1178464" timestamp="1329318663"]
If you want to go offshore fishing, [b]go to Facebook and search for Action Outdoors and like it [/b]or friend it, or however that stuff works.  I'll add you to the list and post fishing dates there.
[/quote]

I just did that,  but there are several "Action Outdoors".  I'm ASSUMING that it is the one in Baytown.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1238292" timestamp="1342839274"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=92975.msg1178464#msg1178464 date=1329318663]
If you want to go offshore fishing, [b]go to Facebook and search for Action Outdoors and like it [/b]or friend it, or however that stuff works.  I'll add you to the list and post fishing dates there.
[/quote]

Yep, that's it.  Going out Sunday to wet a hook.  Liltex is tagging along.  May have an open spot. 

I just did that,  but there are several "Action Outdoors".  I'm ASSUMING that it is the one in Baytown.
[/quote]

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1238308" timestamp="1342841800"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=92975.msg1238292#msg1238292 date=1342839274]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=92975.msg1178464#msg1178464 date=1329318663]
[/quote]

Yep, that's it.  Going out Sunday to wet a hook.  Liltex is tagging along.  May have an open spot. 

Sorry for the late reply.  I was at the Chicago/Doobie Bros. concert in Houston on Sunday.  How did you do?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Weather was sloppy for the first half a day and we had a fuel issue on the starboard motor, so did not go way out.  We fished inside 25 miles and picked up a mess of smaller fish.  Found a new un-published sppts that could be very interesting come winter.  Best thing about trip was a few shrimp boats gave us large bags of shrimp for free. 

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1239071" timestamp="1343074129"]
WOW!  Can't beat the free shrimp.  Sorry about the fuel issues.  That always sux.  I HATE having problems out there.... but then again,  nothing's gonna break down in your driveway!  :-\
[/quote]

We didn;t break down, just could not run full speed.  We made a day of it and filled the fish box.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami