The 2007 Newton Eagles

Guest EagleFan01

Newton is only losing nine seniors. With only six of them being starters... The biggest lost is Darrel Jenkins the QB. We have Nicko Adams who will step in and play QB next year he is a hard working football player. All the running backs are coming back including Justin Mclemore and James Burch. We have alot of good sophmores coming up next year there are a few lineman coming up wich is a good thing for us including a good size center in Ryan Nelson who is 6"2 248lbs good size lineman... He is going to get better and bigger in the off season. There is alot of good players coming back.. Newton will be strong, deep and as usual very fast again they will be a force and I predict they will win in all next season..

Guest EagleFan01

You are crazy as hell!!! Newton is going to be loaded next year.. Everyone is coming back next year plus some... Newton will win a state title next year easily... We were better than Marlin this year we just didn't play up to our best ability... We have so many underclassmen coming back it is just sick... Also one of the best football players to ever come thru Newton and he is only a sophmore, James Burch.....

Guest Eagle'73
:) I agree Newton will be back next season. But, a lot of things have to fall into place to make a run at a state championship. ie injuries, play calling etc. Now about the best ever coming through Newton. I think all you have to do is ask Coach Barbay, and he has seen a lot of good ones in his days at Newton, and he will quickly tell you the best ever was a guy named Jimmy Walker, class of '73. He went to UT and played for Darrell Royal as a running back. Jimmy could play both sides of the ball and did all the kicking. Started as Varsity quarterback his freshman year and then changed to running back. Played in Texas High School All Star game. Birch is good but not quite this caliber.

Guest EagleFan01

Yes Walker was good... This Birch thing came straight from Barbay's mouth.. He said Burch will be the best player that i ever coached by the time he leaves this school... He will play in the all-star game when he is a senior too he is only a sophmore right now...

BIRCH IS FAR FROM THE BEST PLAYER BARBAY HAS EVER COACHED. HE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH OR STRONG ENOUGH TO BE PUT INTO THAT CLASS OF ATHLETES. JIMMY WALKER, ANTHONY BYERLY, GREG GATSON, KEVIN DEAN, AND THE LIST OF D1 PLAYERS COULD GO ON. IT IS ALSO DOUBTFUL THAT HE WOULD HAVE EVEN STARTED ON SOME OF NEWTONS BETTER PLAYOFF TEAMS. :shock:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed