SLC women's soccer tournament

rip2506

SFA beat UTSA 2-0 in a very hard fought match... Zuri played 15 minutes and I was stoked ( to use a surfing term) she played well and got the win.

Well since she only played 15 in that game I told my wife not to rush to the final because she would probably not play in the 1st half.

Well sure enough due to an injury she started and played roughly 27 minutes per half... and they lost. 1-0

Now what did I learn ( how I matured)  I would now take less time and a victory then more time and a significant loss.

SFA dominated the match with 13 corner kicks to 1 and shots were  16 to  6 with 6-2 on goal but their first was the one that counted.
it came off of a throw in that was played long in the air.. our usually solid defender had a wiff and the player went to goal and buried it along with our dreams of SLC Championship and our bid to the NCAA tournament.. so to say the least I am bummed.

I expect a rebound from SFA next year because they have an excellent 2012 recruiting class. So Zuri better work hard in the off season or prepare to see more bench time.

Thanks for letting me post college soccer news on the high school site!

Hey it's deer season.. let's go hunting!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="1108182" timestamp="1320705865"]
Thought SFA was going to receive an at Large Bid!  They had a great season and felt like they deserved it!  Great year for Zuri and thanks for keeping us all updated!  Talk to you soon...
[/quote]

Me too. And I refused to believe what Zuri told me that her coach had told them.. that if they did not win the Championship they would be out.

So hoping against hope I went to the web site at the appointed time. And just got Bummed again.

Next year they should be favored to win again. They are loosing Texas State and UTSA to the WAC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder