Woodville vs. Tatum/Bi-District Playoffs!

Woodville vs Tatum  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Woodville vs Tatum

• Woodville
    • Tatum

I think the Woodville football team will represent region 3 district 10 just fine. What they need is some support. I hope there is a big turn out for their game against Tatum. From what I saw their defense aint that bad and the offense is pretty well rounded. I think if Woodville goes into this game with a we can beat this team attitude, they could do it. I think Woodville plays in a tougher district than Tatum. So, if they are in the playoffs that is saying alot.

[quote name="SFAJACK02" post="1108663" timestamp="1320729795"]
I'm from the Wville and have seen both teams. I hope they keep it close. Its gonna be a long night for us!!
[/quote]
Okay so when you saw Tatum, did you see there 1-point win over Jefferson? Or maybe their 2-point win over White Oak? OR their 3-point loss to Harmony? This isn't the same dominating Tatum as in years past. They're good. But not as good.

[quote name="Eagleborn" post="1108803" timestamp="1320762701"]
Woodvilles best bet is to have long, time consuming drives on offense. The less you keep the ball out of Overstreets hands, the better..

But don't think Overstreet is all that Tatum has or it will be a long night.
[/quote]
Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1108805" timestamp="1320762742"]
[quote author=SFAJACK02 link=topic=91086.msg1108663#msg1108663 date=1320729795]
I'm from the Wville and have seen both teams. I hope they keep it close. Its gonna be a long night for us!!
[/quote]
Okay so when you saw Tatum, did you see there 1-point win over Jefferson? Or maybe their 2-point win over White Oak? OR their 3-point loss to Harmony? This isn't the same dominating Tatum as in years past. They're good. But not as good.
[/quote]

I hope we do pull this off, but I just dont see us taking this one!!! Im a realist!!

Per Longview News Journal

CLASS 2A DIVISION IREGION III BI-DISTRICT
Tatum (8-2)vs. Woodville (5-5)7:30 tonightAbe Martin Stadium, Lufkin

Mascots
Tatum: Eagles
Woodville: Eagles

Coaches
Tatum: Andy Evans
Woodville: Steve Fentress

Up next: Winner faces Cameron Yoe (6-4) in a 2A Division I Region III area playoff.

Players to watch
Tatum: QB Jalen Overstreet, Sr., 6-3, 211 (76 of 146, 1,300 yards, 12 TDs, 5 INTs; 144 carries, 979 yards, 18 TDs; committed to Texas) ... RB L.J. Johnson (56 carries, 355 yards, 7 TDs; 10 catches, 260 yards, 3 TDs) ... RB Shaq Johnson (98 carries, 546 yards, 1 TD) ... WR Nate Pickett, Sr., 6-3, 200 (37 catches, 636 yards, 7 TDs) ... TE Daven Reese, Sr., 6-2, 205 (21 catches, 313 yards, 1 TD) ... DE LaDerion Johnson, Sr., 6-1, 200 ... LB Kiano Lucas.
Woodville: QB Dominique Lockhart ... LB Tyler Skinner ... LB Sana Moran ... ATH Marcus Harrison ... OL Quade Allison ... OL Corey Mitchell.

By the numbers
Tatum: The Eagles average 31.6 points per game and surrender 18.4 ... Tatum has scored at least 42 points five times. The Eagles have held five opponents to 16 or fewer points ... Tatum was 4-1 at home and 4-1 on the road ... Tatum is 13-2 in district play during the past three seasons, which includes a 4-1 campaign in a 3A district in 2009 ... Tatum’s enrollment of 421, according to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine, makes it the largest school in District 9-2A D-I.
Woodville: Woodville averages 25.7 points per game and allows 21.2 ... The Eagles scored more than 36 points only twice this season, but yielded more than 36 only twice as well ... Woodville was 3-2 at home and 2-3 on the road ... Woodville went 4-3 in District 10-2A D-I for the second consecutive season ... With an enrollment of 349, Woodville is the second-smallest school in its eight-team district. Only Newton (311) — which finished in second place, one spot ahead of the Eagles — is smaller.

Keys to victory
Tatum: Tatum cannot allow Woodville to dictate the tempo. If Tatum builds an early lead, it’ll be hard for Woodville’s run-first offense to recover.
Woodville: The Eagles have three players with at least 500 rushing yards, so keeping the ball away from Overstreet and Tatum’s offense is Woodville’s best bet for a first-round upset.

Did you know: Tatum has made 10 consecutive trips to the postseason. The Eagles are 6-3 in the bi-district round since 2002.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83