GCM to Rest Starters

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
Yeah right!

The best part is that they control their own destiny. 

It will be interesting to see if the fans in Baytown show up on Friday.

It's been quite a while since two Baytown schools played a football game that had playoff implications.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100349" timestamp="1320029704"]
Yeah right!

It's been quite a while since two Baytown schools played a football game that had playoff implications.
[/quote]
Will #33 get to play or will he have to sit out due to the ejection during the BH game?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100359" timestamp="1320030085"]
Find out on Monday.

I have heard #28 could be back this week. Don't know how much he will help.
[/quote]

Goodluck this should be an awesome game! Lee is waking up again, but I think you guys pull it out

Guest UHCoog14
I hope so. They sure laid an egg on Friday. It was very disappointing to see especially after playing pretty well  since the CE King debacle. I felt like they would have to play near perfect to pull it off. Slug it out toe-to-toe. However,  the first sign of adversity (int return for TD called back and the muffed punt recovery that the side judge allowed himself to be talked out of), they just took on a defeatist mentality.

They just can't seem to handle the emotion of playing BH. Not just football, but every sport with the exception of baseball. That's all a whole seperate conversation.

We'll just have to see how they bounce back.

Guest GET DIRTY
[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100369" timestamp="1320031160"]
I hope so. They sure laid an egg on Friday. It was very disappointing to see especially after playing pretty well  since the CE King debacle. I felt like they would have to play near perfect to pull it off. Slug it out toe-to-toe. However,  the first sign of adversity (int return for TD called back and the muffed punt recovery that the side judge allowed himself to be talked out of), they just took on a defeatist mentality.

They just can't seem to handle the emotion of playing BH. Not just football, but every sport with the exception of baseball. That's all a whole seperate conversation.

[/quote]

I have a feeling that you will be posting a message somewhat like this one at the close of baseball season this year as well my friend !  I don't believe it will pan out as it did last season...Just sayin !!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="GET DIRTY" post="1100431" timestamp="1320062037"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90724.msg1100369#msg1100369 date=1320031160]

[/quote]

I have a feeling that you will be posting a message somewhat like this one at the close of baseball season this year as well my friend !  I don't believe it will pan out as it did last season...Just sayin !!
[/quote]

Not sure why it will be any different. Same two pitchers that beat you last year are still here. District MVP is still here.

The relevancy of that statement is that in baseball, GCM has not allowed the "mystique" of BH to affect their performance.

Guest GET DIRTY
[quote name="GCMPats" post="1100446" timestamp="1320064019"]
[quote author=GET DIRTY link=topic=90724.msg1100431#msg1100431 date=1320062037]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure why it will be any different. Same two pitchers that beat you last year are still here. District MVP is still here.

The relevancy of that statement is that in baseball, GCM has not allowed the "mystique" of BH to affect their performance.
[/quote]
Trust me, I do not mean any disrespect !  The relevancy of my statement is that THINGS CHANGE !

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="GET DIRTY" post="1100448" timestamp="1320064548"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90724.msg1100446#msg1100446 date=1320064019]
[quote author=GET DIRTY link=topic=90724.msg1100431#msg1100431 date=1320062037]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Trust me, I do not mean any disrespect !  The relevancy of my statement is that THINGS CHANGE !
[/quote]

None taken.

The more THINGS CHANGE, the more they stay the same.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1100357" timestamp="1320029921"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90724.msg1100349#msg1100349 date=1320029704]
Yeah right!

[/quote]
Will #33 get to play or will he have to sit out due to the ejection during the BH game?
[/quote]I heard last night that the GCM coach suspended three other players, besides #33 from the Lee game, for disciplinary reasons stemming from the BH game. If this is true, kudos to the GCM coach. Without discipline and respect, youv'e got nothing.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="bh15" post="1100462" timestamp="1320066222"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90724.msg1100357#msg1100357 date=1320029921]
Yeah right!

[/quote]
[/quote]I heard last night that the GCM coach suspended three other players, besides #33 from the Lee game, for disciplinary reasons stemming from the BH game. If this is true, kudos to the GCM coach. Without discipline and respect, youv'e got nothing.
[/quote]

Have not been able to confirm, but if true, I like it.

Guest EAGLE PRIDE
[quote name="bh15" post="1100462" timestamp="1320066222"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90724.msg1100357#msg1100357 date=1320029921]
Yeah right!

[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree !!!  KUDOS from me too !  Way to go coach !!!  ;)

Not to hijack the thread too much, but the one thing I like about this Lee team is that they are so sportsmanlike.  We have had a lot of hotheads over the past 10-15 years that were quick to start a fight.  I have not seen them lose their cool at all this year.  They are very quick to pick the ball up and give it back to the official.  This is the sort of team you can get behind.

I say this now, and watch them get into a bench-clearing brawl next Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami