Tarkington @ Shepherd

cat001

CHs96, As I stated on another thread, we know the majority of people from Coldspring are not like these few that get on here and make the comments that they do. There are a lot of good people in that town that really do cheer on the teams and like players that play hard no matter what they are up against. Both of these schools have really never been football powerhouses but the boys go out on a daily basis and work their butts off, I know the ones for Shepherd pretty well and they play hard for the town, themselves, their parents and some of the coaches (yea I said some of the coaches). It just gets hard to watch sometimes, but you keep going and cheering them on knowing one day it will turn around.

I think shepherd has more talent but those boys from Tarkington play a lil harder.. If shepherd comes and brings their A game on Homecoming they should win..i agree with everyone else.. Gotta give credit for these 2 teams working their butts off and competing week in and week out.. that is a tough thing to do when dealing with adversity.. Good Luck to both teams 

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1088306" timestamp="1319125208"]
Gotta give credit for these 2 teams working their butts off and competing week in and week out.. that is a tough thing to do when dealing with adversity.. Good Luck to both teams
[/quote]

Very, very true....It's easy to be a front runner....Very difficult to keep competing and coming back for more when nothing is going right...

I guess that's what tends to make athletics and the people that participate a little different...No matter how big of a underdog you may be you still feel like you have a chance if you play lights out and get a few breaks....

In the end it's the effort given (by each individual) that's most important...Not necessarily the outcome...All each player can do is give their absolute best...

I'm sure both teams will be ready to go because neither side wants to go winless...

[quote name="MEM" post="1089028" timestamp="1319205278"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=90038.msg1088306#msg1088306 date=1319125208]
Gotta give credit for these 2 teams working their butts off and competing week in and week out.. that is a tough thing to do when dealing with adversity.. Good Luck to both teams
[/quote]

Very, very true....It's easy to be a front runner....Very difficult to keep competing and coming back for more when nothing is going right...

I guess that's what tends to make athletics and the people that participate a little different...No matter how big of a underdog you may be you still feel like you have a chance if you play lights out and get a few breaks....

In the end it's the effort given (by each individual) that's most important...Not necessarily the outcome...All each player can do is give their absolute best...

I'm sure both teams will be ready to go because neither side wants to go winless...
[/quote]

Well Said!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1087250" timestamp="1318980300"]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=90038.msg1087218#msg1087218 date=1318977391]
The real question - Does it really matters who wins this game?
[/quote]

It matters to the kids and coaches who work thier butts off every week.
[/quote]

Amen. IT MATTERS.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont