Newton vs. Warren Predictions

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="bruno994" post="1080529" timestamp="1318427608"]
Not sure that this topic is even necessary to post on.  On another note, a question for Newton fans, why on the highlights last week against Woodville, did the home stands look only half full?  Just curious...
[/quote]

I will tell you why... Newton has fair weather fans and only show up to a big game or around the third round of the playoffs lately.. Its been like that for the last few years and its horrible, and Im glad someone else noticed it and said something.

It really suprised me.  We travel well though, Buna always brings a big crowd and on most occasions have more in our stands than the home team does.  When we played Newton I made the comment about how sparse their crowd looked, but I think there were even fewer fans there this past Friday night for the game with Woodville.  Interesting...

In Newton the economic impact has probably shown more than other towns. We were absolutely locked into the timber industry and it is gone now. Along with it went jobs and money. The fair weather fans have been there for years, not just the last couple. A long time ago Coach Barbay said "#@** won't nobody wear a purple hat til the playoffs" and he was right. Consistently winning has bred a fan base that a lot of them see as a social event and not a sports event. It's more about being seen than being a fan. It's sad, because Newton only has football and it's success to be extremely proud.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124