KIRBYVILLE vs WILLS POINT

kcat-fan

[quote name="MEM" post="1062807" timestamp="1316729987"]
Question for Wildcat fans....How much of the programs difficulties are due to losing  Alvarez (Vanya and his boys) and how much is due to losing some really good players to graduation?  Realistically, where you due for a down season anyway and the coaching change just made things worse?

Just wondering because from the outside looking in I didn't expect Kville to be as good as last year but I also didn't expect to see what's happened so far...
[/quote]you hit the nail on the head. KV will probably make the playoffs, but will lose in the first round. JMO

[quote name="MEM" post="1062807" timestamp="1316729987"]
Question for Wildcat fans....How much of the programs difficulties are due to losing  Alvarez (Vanya and his boys) and how much is due to losing some really good players to graduation?  Realistically, where you due for a down season anyway and the coaching change just made things worse?

Just wondering because from the outside looking in I didn't expect Kville to be as good as last year but I also didn't expect to see what's happened so far...
[/quote]

I would say its a combo of both.  They lost some big role players to graduation (Ford, Cucancic, Breed, Keene, etc) and transfer in Vanya.  Alvarez leaving did hurt but I truely believe that Neece is a good coach and will get things back on track.  He has a proven background and can be hard nosed....i.e. the running during the Newton game.  He won't put up with BS.  It all just happened at once which isn't an abnormality in small schools when a good coach leaves the same year that graduation hits them hard.  There is still talent there it will just take time to work itself out.  ALOT of young kids had to step up unexpectedily this year and they are in a baptisim by fire stage.

The most impressive win on the Wills Point schedule is beating Gladewater 3-0..... Gladewater has a GREAT running game and for Wills Point to shut them out it had to be one heck of a defensive game... I think it will be a close one, but don't believe for a second that Wills Point has not been impressive this year....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1063024" timestamp="1316752130"]
The most impressive win on the Wills Point schedule is beating Gladewater 3-0..... Gladewater has a GREAT running game and for Wills Point to shut them out it had to be one heck of a defensive game... I think it will be a close one, but don't believe for a second that Wills Point has not been impressive this year....
[/quote]

If Wills Point had played the same schedule Kirbyville has played the results would have been the same as Kirbyville...I think Kirbyville has almost weathered the storms, And I hope for a win tonight.. GO Kat's..!!!!! :D

YOUR NEVER A LOSER UNTIL YOU QUIT TRYING
[b]MIKE DITKA[/b]

One of the best things about tonight will be that the game is far enough away that only the true fans will be going. I am one who has not been hesitant to speak my mind when I think there is room for improvement but I have never lost faith in the team's ability to win. All of you "FANS" that feel like leaving halfway through the game need to not only stay until the end but take the time to walk down to the fence and see this team walk off the field. When you see the sweat and blood on the uniforms and the look in these young men's eyes you might feel different about how the game went. They do not get to head to the truck when it stops being fun and even with the tough losses they have held their heads up and kept trying. To the Cats, Best of luck this will be your game to turn it all around if you have your head and heart in it. Yall are tough as iron at this point and nothing can be thrown at you that you have nt already seen. And to the haters and fair weather fans, highway 96 runs right through the middle of town. You can turn left or right and there are plenty of other good teams in this area that have seats available.

[quote name="kville68" post="1063126" timestamp="1316780988"]
[b]MIKE DITKA[/b]

One of the best things about tonight will be that the game is far enough away that only the true fans will be going. I am one who has not been hesitant to speak my mind when I think there is room for improvement but I have never lost faith in the team's ability to win. All of you "FANS" that feel like leaving halfway through the game need to not only stay until the end but take the time to walk down to the fence and see this team walk off the field. When you see the sweat and blood on the uniforms and the look in these young men's eyes you might feel different about how the game went. They do not get to head to the truck when it stops being fun and even with the tough losses they have held their heads up and kept trying. To the Cats, Best of luck this will be your game to turn it all around if you have your head and heart in it. Yall are tough as iron at this point and nothing can be thrown at you that you have nt already seen. And to the haters and fair weather fans, highway 96 runs right through the middle of town. You can turn left or right and there are plenty of other good teams in this area that have seats available.
[/quote]

Great post!!

[quote name="kville68" post="1063126" timestamp="1316780988"]
[b]MIKE DITKA[/b]

One of the best things about tonight will be that the game is far enough away that only the true fans will be going. I am one who has not been hesitant to speak my mind when I think there is room for improvement but I have never lost faith in the team's ability to win. All of you "FANS" that feel that leaving halfway through the game need to not only stay until the end but take the time to walk down to the fence and see this team walk off the field. When you see the sweat and blood on the uniforms and the look in these young men's eyes you might feel different about how the game went. They do not get to head to the truck when it stops being fun and even with the tough losses they have held their heads up and kept trying. To the Cats, Best of luck this will be your game to turn it all around if you have your head and heart in it. Yall are tough as iron at this point and nothing can be thrown at you that you have nt already seen. And to the haters and fair weather fans, highway 96 runs right through the middle of town. You can turn left or right and there are plenty of other good teams in this area that have seats available.
[/quote]

You can't make people be true fans,The true fans are always there ..I've been a Wildcat fan since Hitler was a corporal..I 'm one by choice,I wore the uniform I played the game, This is nothing new and certainly not just a problem that is confined to Kirbyville I'm sure most schools have had this problem everyone loves a winner,and has very little respect for the loser..That's just the way it is...The Fan's can't get it back,they can and should support their team win or lose,But that's not the nature of most fans Sometimes determination can overcome a lot..It's up to the Kirbyville Wildcats when they want the winning to start and the losing to end..Fan's can only support,The wildcat's play the game..JMO...GO KAT'S..!!!!!.. :D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1063084" timestamp="1316775911"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=88555.msg1063024#msg1063024 date=1316752130]
[/quote]

If Wills Point had played the same schedule Kirbyville has played the results would have been the same as Kirbyville...I think Kirbyville has almost weathered the storms, And I hope for a win tonight.. GO Kat's..!!!!! :D
[/quote]

I don't necessarily disagree with you about that, but that's not what we are talking about... The comment was made earlier that Wills Point had not been impressive this season, which is not necessarily accurate either....

I hope Kirbyville can pull it out, I enjoyed my stint calling Wildcat games and wish them nothing but the best!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed