Incarnate Word @ Lamar Game Thread/LAMAR WINS 45-35!

The defensive staff seems to be overwhelmed with the situation in hand.  We need to get us something we can hang or hat on and play it.  We need a coordinator who is not in training as our 2 are.  I see very little technique being played and trying stunting to cover up our weaknesses is not the answer.  How about the fake when we should have known the possibility for a 2 pt play was there!  I wish this team well but they need more team play and a better display of leadership.  Now I am sure that some will see this as a bash but it is what I see and think needs to be corrected, you may disagree but at least state what you see and think.

[quote name="hipster" post="1060462" timestamp="1316440428"]
The defensive staff seems to be overwhelmed with the situation in hand.  We need to get us something we can hang or hat on and play it.  We need a coordinator who is not in training as our 2 are.  I see very little technique being played and trying stunting to cover up our weaknesses is not the answer.  How about the fake when we should have known the possibility for a 2 pt play was there!  I wish this team well but they need more team play and a better display of leadership.  Now I am sure that some will see this as a bash but it is what I see and think needs to be corrected, you may disagree but at least state what you see and think.
[/quote]

Their guy could have walked into the endzone on that fake extra point kick.  Did it even cross the coaches minds that they might try for 2 or did they just not care?

I think the Ray should keep his practices open as this is not the reason for poor play.  He needs the support right now and since we have not been playing for more than one year I think he is alienating the young people who need to be able to see these practices.  How do you other folks see this?

[quote name="hipster" post="1060593" timestamp="1316454118"]
I think the Ray should keep his practices open as this is not the reason for poor play.  He needs the support right now and since we have not been playing for more than one year I think he is alienating the young people who need to be able to see these practices.  How do you other folks see this?
[/quote]

i agree

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="hipster" post="1060593" timestamp="1316454118"]
[/quote]

I think it is Coach Woodard's job and career and he really doesn't have the time or inclination to listen to unqualified outsiders giving him advice on how to run his program.  The Coach has a great deal more at stake here than do the posters on this forum.  It is what Coach Woodard wants it to be.  Vent all you want; it's not going to change anything. 8)

[quote name="coachacola" post="1060417" timestamp="1316432030"]
Lamar can't have 12-16 coaches at the FCS level, but they could hire a couple more coaches.  There's no reason they shouldn't have all the coaches allowed at their level.
[/quote]
McNeese has 10 assistant position coaches and 2 strength and conditioning coaches. Lamar can at least have that! I also agree we need to a experienced Defensive Coordinator.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1061303" timestamp="1316538502"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=88430.msg1060417#msg1060417 date=1316432030]
Lamar can't have 12-16 coaches at the FCS level, but they could hire a couple more coaches.  There's no reason they shouldn't have all the coaches allowed at their level.
[/quote]
McNeese has 10 assistant position coaches and 2 strength and conditioning coaches. Lamar can at least have that! I also agree we need to a experienced Defensive Coordinator.
[/quote]

Woodard should definitely hire an experienced Defensive coordinator.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont