Terry Evans

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="992305" timestamp="1301846051"]
This confuses me.  He did end up becoming an assistant at Colorado didn't he?  But Bzedlik calls it comical that he might become an assistant at Colorado.

In any event, it is an excellent reminder of what some of the issues are with Abatemarco.

[/quote]There is no issues. The man's mouth got him in trouble early in his career, just like Evans is doing. Nobody wants to give him a second chance. I am sick of a former great basketball program as Lamar in chronic losing, especially in the SLC. I would give him that second chance. He is desperate to prove himself.

[quote name="UNLV" post="992308" timestamp="1301847041"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=82624.msg992305#msg992305 date=1301846051]
This confuses me.  He did end up becoming an assistant at Colorado didn't he?  But Bzedlik calls it comical that he might become an assistant at Colorado.

In any event, it is an excellent reminder of what some of the issues are with Abatemarco.

[/quote]There is no issues. The man's mouth got him in trouble early in his career, just like Evans is doing. Nobody wants to give him a second chance. I am sick of a former great basketball program as Lamar in chronic losing, especially in the SLC. I would give him that second chance. He is desperate to prove himself.
[/quote]

drake was his second chance..blew that..sac st...blew that..dude's a loser..end of story

If Abatemarco had taken Lamar to the NCAA tourney with a 25+ win season and won a game there then I would open to him coming back.  But just winning 20 games then winning less and less after that is not a good sign.  He just now got back into the college game.  According to that article I posted it took him 4 years before CU finally brought him back as an assistant.  I understand he was last successful coach Lamar has had before the program fell off a cliff but I don't see any evidence he can bring that success back.

[quote name="coachacola" post="992388" timestamp="1301869406"]
If Abatemarco had taken Lamar to the NCAA tourney with a 25+ win season and won a game there then I would open to him coming back.  But just winning 20 games then winning less and less after that is not a good sign.  He just now got back into the college game.  According to that article I posted it took him 4 years before CU finally brought him back as an assistant.  I understand he was last successful coach Lamar has had before the program fell off a cliff but I don't see any evidence he can bring that success back.
[/quote]Experience man. That was 20 years ago. The man has grown up and gained a boat load of experience. That's priceless.
No one LU is interviewing come close to that much DIVERSE experience; NBA, WNBA, NBA-DL, many colleges. No one in the SLC or WAC, well maybe USU, will be able to match that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont