Kevin Baker gets ECHL Player of the Week honors!

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/ppublic.cgi?action=show_of_the_week_news&cat=1&id=411

Congrats to Kevin! :D

PRINCETON, N.J. - Kevin Baker of the Texas Wildcatters is the In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2006.

The 27-year-old scored a power-play goal and the game-winning goal in a 5-2 win at Columbia on Friday and he added another power-play goal on Saturday at Gwinnett. He scored three points in a 4-3 overtime loss at Charlotte on Sunday, including a power-play goal and the game-tying goal with 53 seconds remaining in the game.

The 6-foot-1 and 190-pound Baker leads the league with nine goals and seven power-play goals while ranking third in scoring with 13 points. He has scored a goal in each of his last five games (7g), which is the longest goal-scoring streak in the ECHL this season, and has scored a goal in all but one game, including three two-goal games. He has scored a point in all seven of the Wildcatters games, tying him for the second-longest scoring streak in the league, and he has four multiple-point games. He has played the last three years at Acadia University where he had 103 points (58g-45a) and 78 penalty minutes in 77 games. Selected in the seventh round (193rd overall) by the Los Angeles Kings in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Baker played professionally in the ECHL and the American Hockey League from 2000-02 before returning to school.

On behalf of Kevin Baker, a case of pucks will be donated to a Beaumont area youth hockey organization by In Glas Co, the exclusive puck supplier for the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, In Glas Co has donated more than 15,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.

Runners Up: John Morlang, Fresno (2 gp, 2g, 3a, 5 pts), Randy Rowe, Johnstown (4 gp, 4g, 4a, 8 pts) and Brad Herauf (3 gp, 4g, 2a, 6 pts).

Also Nominated: Jamie Johnson (Augusta), Andrew Ianiero (Bakersfield), Mark Lee (Charlotte), Jonathan Lehun (Florida), Brad Schell (Gwinnett), Marty Flichel (Idaho), Scott May (Phoenix), Shawn Collymore (Reading), Peter Szabo (South Carolina), Stephane Goulet (Stockton), Andrew R. Martin (Toledo), Benoit Mondou (Trenton), Francois-Pierre (F.P.) Guenette (Victoria) and Sean Collins (Wheeling).

On behalf of Kevin Baker, a case of pucks will be donated to a Beaumont area youth hockey organization by In Glas Co, the exclusive puck supplier for the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, In Glas Co has donated more than 15,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.

I wish we HAD a Beaumont area youth hockey organiztion

I believe that last season, when Ianiero won POTW, he donated the pucks to the Houston Jr. Aeros or some other Houston youth hockey organization.

That's where Robert Dirk's son, Jagger, was playing at the time.

I think that Jagger's team won the state championship this past season. :)

Oops! I haven't actually looked at it in quite a while :oops: But, I do know that Dan has been working to get things moving. If people will bombard him with calls, he might at least be able to answer some questions :!: :?: I know he was also working on getting a new webmaster/site. Should be up sometime soon, I hope.

Sorry, I was trying to be helpful! :oops:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124