Best Pitching Staff in 20-4a

Who do you think has the pitching staff?
I know png has stone after that who is it?
Lcm has Swan who i saw pitch and as a sophmore very impressive. hitting upper 80s
Carline is also impressive along with the smith kid.
Not really sure what nederland has.

PNG will be solid as will LCM.  Kyle Green doesn't always have as strong of pitchers but does a great job of managing matchups with the opposing team.  Nederland has already shown alot of depth with Smith, Lasell, Duplechan, etc.  When they finish with basketball, Pitts and Fontenot will only make that bullpen stronger!

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="974497" timestamp="1298992641"]
PNG will be solid as will LCM.  Kyle Green doesn't always have as strong of pitchers but does a great job of managing matchups with the opposing team.  Nederland has already shown alot of depth with Smith, Lasell, Duplechan, etc.  When they finish with basketball, Pitts and Fontenot will only make that bullpen stronger!
[/quote]

For the last 4 years vidor has had hester. Arguably the best in the area the last couple of years.

[quote name="espn2" post="974516" timestamp="1298994656"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=81023.msg974497#msg974497 date=1298992641]
[/quote]

For the last 4 years vidor has had hester. Arguably the best in the area the last couple of years.
[/quote]

I agree Hester was among the top pitchers but he wasn't the best in the area.  Green usually has one standout and does a good job with the rest of his bullpen. 

[quote name="JoesBros" post="974512" timestamp="1298994406"]
Vidor has a couple of freshman that threw this past weekend yall will need to keep an eye out for  ;)
[/quote]i'm not sure if they help out too much this year, but if they stay healthy, they will be fun to watch for the next few.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="975146" timestamp="1299067980"]
Nederland....Smith,Lasell,Dup,Richard,Brown,Pitts ,Fontenot,Brousard...........Looks good to me ;)
[/quote]
Ryan Quinn looked great against Bridge City (3 up 3 down), Aldine, West Brook and Cy-Ridge (got the win according to PA News). Outing against WOS did not get the outside corner called, several walks and 1 hit. Could have easily gone the other way.

[quote name="GTBaseball47" post="975471" timestamp="1299107446"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=81023.msg975146#msg975146 date=1299067980]
Nederland....Smith,Lasell,Dup,Richard,Brown,Pitts ,Fontenot,Brousard...........Looks good to me ;)
[/quote]
Ryan Quinn looked great against Bridge City (3 up 3 down), Aldine, West Brook and Cy-Ridge (got the win according to PA News). Outing against WOS did not get the outside corner called, several walks and 1 hit. Could have easily gone the other way.
[/quote]You are soooooo right I totaly forgot about Ryano...Great Kid coached him babe ruth when he was 14 ...He has had a great season so far ,he has hit his spots..Thanks for reminding me .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics