Coaches and Parents

I am not sure the moderators will allow this thread --but I sincerely want to express my feelings toward this wonderful sport.  The news for the next few days will be headlined with
"former softball coach".  I find it odd that there are quite a few area men and women that worked tireless hours developing and mentoring to these young ladies.  Yet as these few dedicated people move on, the undeserving title of "former softball coach"  makes todays headlines because of a very sick individual who used to read and post on these forums.

Truthfully, the only contribution this person made to this sport was recruit coaches such as myself and several friends of mine.  Each year, coaches were added to this area so that their daughters would not ever have to play again on his team. I am thankful that I made the move to become involved with GFPSB and the priviledge it is to work with youngsters as they are growing up.  Their is lots of responsibility that comes with the territory of coaching.  Most ot this is common sense.  Coaches have to learn the game, push the players to reach their potential, become safety conscience, and sometimes become caring listeners.  Using good judgement is a must. 

Additionally, parents need to also understand they also have responsibilities.  They should be very careful to know just who they leave their kids with.  They should pay attention to all the things that are going on.  I remember in the earlier years all the times a coach has to wait in darkness for a straggling parent to come pick up their kids.  It is very uncomfortable for many coaches to be left alone with somebody elses child.  Often, we hear of coaches taking their players home on such occasions.  This should always be a red flag---not that the coach is a predator, but that the child is capable of being put into a vulnerable situation. 

Anyway, the recent news, and news that is forthcoming, has the potential of putting a blemish GFPSB and IMO that sucks.  It is a shame that this sick individual is publicized as a "former softball coach because softball  is not the culpret.  GFPSB is a great opportunity for  so many of our youth, and coaches and parents working together can keep it this way. 

Respectfully,
Weedbegone

[quote name="Keyser Soze" post="971349" timestamp="1298552124"]
[quote author=(13) link=topic=80794.msg971161#msg971161 date=1298506784]
Well, from those of us that do not know the whole story, thanks for half of it.  Glad you got it off your chest.
[/quote]

(13) The other half is just as sick. One sorry S*B!!!
[/quote]

That is true.  One thing I find interesting and a question that came to mind after I saw the TV story, "Where was THE Dad in all this?"  I heard testimony or remarks from the Mom but........You say it doesn't matter and has no relevance?  I say you bet your arse it does.

[quote name="(13)" post="971430" timestamp="1298559766"]
[quote author=Keyser Soze link=topic=80794.msg971349#msg971349 date=1298552124]
Well, from those of us that do not know the whole story, thanks for half of it.  Glad you got it off your chest.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is true.  One thing I find interesting and a question that came to mind after I saw the TV story, "Where was THE Dad in all this?"  I heard testimony or remarks from the Mom but........You say it doesn't matter and has no relevance?  I say you bet your arse it does.
[/quote]

Weed and I have tons of stories about this fool. Mc does too. Some of them are pretty ugly.

[quote name="(13)" post="971430" timestamp="1298559766"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Says in the story that the Dad was none existent.

[quote name="badndn" post="971516" timestamp="1298566888"]
[quote author=(13) link=topic=80794.msg971430#msg971430 date=1298559766]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Says in the story that the Dad was none existent.
[/quote]

Kind of what I was getting at.  I will not comment anymore about the Dad or lack thereof. I could write a book however on those thoughts.

GFPSB players 50
Former coach  0

Hopefully the young lady heals quickly from the trauma caused by this individual and the courtroom.  And also the rest of the ladies involved with this team can put this experience behind them.

Lesson for all----

[move][b][size=16pt]NEVER EVER HARM A YOUNG PERSON.  GOOD PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE THIS [/size] [/b] [/move]

we've all been put in that place if you have coached for long at any sport where the parents can't get the child to the field so you volenteer to pick up the kids so they have the chance to play .
some parents work some don't have a second car others just don't care if their kids play
most of the coaches in this area have good charactor  but you need to know someone as much as you can before you leave your child in their care i stayed with my child or my wife stayed .
we never had the misfortion of having a bad coach thank God .
it takes a sick person to do what he did.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami