CH defeats Arp, 48-43

CHTechie

I am not one of the coaches but here is my opinion and my opinion only.

CH had a bye in the schedule. Arp had a bye in the schedule. This was scheduled early on.

Why sit around and get rusty when you can play a quality opponent regardless of whether you may see them way down the road at the regional tournament. Both teams will ahve to play a lot of good basketball to see each other again at the regional tourney.

[quote name="CHTechie" post="966373" timestamp="1297787572"]

CH had a bye in the schedule. Arp had a bye in the schedule. This was scheduled early on.

[b]Why sit around and get rusty when you can play a quality opponent regardless of whether you may see them way down the road at the regional tournament. Both teams will ahve to play a lot of good basketball to see each other again at the regional tourney.[/b]
[/quote]

Which was my point. The game was scheduled before the season. At that point, neither team knew how they would finish in their district. It was quite possible they could have faced each other in the 3rd round of the playoffs if either one of them finished 2nd in the district. That would have put them playing on 2/14 and again on 3/2 or 3/3. It only worked out because both teams won their district which now means they won't play again until the Regional Tournament.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="966389" timestamp="1297788607"]
[quote author=CHTechie link=topic=80271.msg966373#msg966373 date=1297787572]

[b]Why sit around and get rusty when you can play a quality opponent regardless of whether you may see them way down the road at the regional tournament. Both teams will ahve to play a lot of good basketball to see each other again at the regional tourney.[/b]
[/quote]

Which was my point. The game was scheduled before the season. At that point, neither team knew how they would finish in their district. It was quite possible they could have faced each other in the 3rd round of the playoffs if either one of them finished 2nd in the district. That would have put them playing on 2/14 and again on 3/2 or 3/3. It only worked out because both teams won their district which now means they won't play again until the Regional Tournament.
[/quote]
My understanding is that both coaches are good friends and have been in the same district the past 2 years. They both had the same bye and each coach figured they would win their district and agreed to play as long as they were on opposite sides of the bracket. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a game. I know that I've seen Arp in previous warmup games in previous years and they always play their bench guys more than their starters so it's hardly worth trying to scout them. As far as the Johnson kid, he was a stud his sophomore year but wasn't as impressive when they were back at the drum his senior year. I believe he's playing football at Iowa State now

[quote name="no-look" post="966497" timestamp="1297803543"]
Arp had a kid named Sedrick Johnson who was a sophmore when they beat Ponder in 2006 at the Drum. Kid could play! Anyone remember him?
[/quote]

Kid was a beast! I remember when we dropped down to 2A and in our 2nd year we ran into this team, who was unfamiliar to us at the time, Arp. Johnson was definitely a high-flyer and could score. Needless to say, Arp defeated us in 2006 but we got revenge on him in 2007.

Kid graduated and went on to play football at Iowa State. Something happened there and he's transferred to Valdosta State.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="966572" timestamp="1297810211"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=80271.msg966497#msg966497 date=1297803543]
Arp had a kid named Sedrick Johnson who was a sophmore when they beat Ponder in 2006 at the Drum. Kid could play! Anyone remember him?
[/quote]

Kid was a beast! I remember when we dropped down to 2A and in our 2nd year we ran into this team, who was unfamiliar to us at the time, Arp. Johnson was definitely a high-flyer and could score. Needless to say, Arp defeated us in 2006 but we got revenge on him in 2007.

Kid graduated and went on to play football at Iowa State. Something happened there and he's transferred to Valdosta State.
[/quote]I remember hm well.He mae Arp a very tough out in the region for several years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed