Which district is better 24 2A or 22 2A??

aTmfan06

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cool-Breeze" post="952980" timestamp="1295718251"]
That's what I thought, maybe you just like their old school ball control style of gameplay. And hope you and your family take care. Don't contaminate the district for playoffs lol
[/quote]

There have been alot of teams in Austin winning with the "old school type ball".  LOL

Eagleswoodville, if I were you I would be worrying if your team is going to make the playoffs the way they have been playing as of late.  Usually after a team upsets another team they will have a down game the next game, but I believe Woodville has had 3 in a row.  Yall tied for 3rd now with SA?  I thought yall would get second in district, but im not sure yall will make the playoffs. Hemphill put almost got yall too, and everyone in district has been walking over them.
CH is a poor mans Ponder, play the same way, same style, just not as good.  They will be a tough beat for whomever has them in the playoffs for the next few years.  Woden as well. 

Is a 4 and 7 point win walking over someone? Nice lol and that's just a sad way of directing the conversation to make yourself look better. Because you know you're wrong. CH isn't as dominant as kountze. Itd be a good game between them and EC though. Neither one is a blowout though. CH hangs until the fourth then kntze takes over and runs away.

EaglesWoodville, read the post, I said people were walking over Hemphill, did not say Woodville.  I just pointed out the fact that yall had gotten beat two games in a row and almost a 3rd by the team other teams in district having been walking over.  Yall will probably still get in on the 3rd spot though.

And that is the same thing New Waverly was thinking, that they would walk all the way to the Gold around their necks.  Everyone talked about how awesome New Waverley(and they were good) was and how no one could play with them and then Ponder steps on the court, plays a halfcourt game, allows them to get only one shot (no offensive rebounds), dosent turn the ball over and beats them I want to say by 15. 
If you want to be a GREAT team you have to be able to play at both tempos, a halfcourt tempo and a full court tempo. 

You will see a lot of teams at the drum that play a patient ball control type game and it seems that most of them come from the north end of the region.The one thing they all have in common is discipline and they win.Ponder,Peaster,Argyle are just a few that come to mind.They always make you beat them and never beat themselves.

wshaslum, very well put.  They wont beat themselves. I hear that Melissa2A has a team similar to Ponders of past.  Ranked number 1, they are undefeated and have beat some big schools.  Bob Knight simplified it best when he said, "to win in high school you have to do two things, make your layups and pass to YOUR team".  Very simple statement but loaded with basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83