Benelli Nova Pump Shotgun

Booger

Shot it but don't own one. Decent gun and seemed solid. I liked their Super 90 auto loader but it tended to jam if we shot tactical loads with it. Good thing about the pump is that you don't have to depend on the gun cycling the round.

I like the 60 year old proven Remington 870 though. With more than 10 million sold to hunters, law enforcement and military units world wide, it is just tough to beat.

The Benelli that I shot functioned good though. I would rather their pump than their auto. The auto Benelli was the smoothest shotgun that I have ever shot... when it worked.

Love my Benelli Nova pump 12 ga. so far best I've ever owned and fired.Recoil is light and is well balanced.Mine is chambered for rounds to 3 1/2" and w/00 mag buckshot -deer/wild hogs to 200#'s have went down almost in their tracks @40 yds.I have a 870 remington as well and love it.Can't go wrong w/either but can't beat the price and dependability of the remington.Check around and be patient as I bought my Benelli for $275.00 @ a local pawn shop 1 yr.ago and it was near mint cond.

My son has used a 12ga. Nova for the last 8 years and he loves it. When I say used, I mean duck and goose hunting abused. He killed a turkey in the spring with it last year. It has been a great gun. Only problem I have seen is human error, when you shoot 3-1/2" loads you have to make sure you pull the forearm all the way back for a complete action cycle. A spent 3-1/2" load is long and uses the whole breach to exit. A short stroke will cause it to jam with the action open.

I'd give it 4 out 5 stars in my book.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83