Evadale at Spurger

True Blue

I wasn't just talking about scoring however having 3 guys that combine for 29 pts a game is not huge by any stretch.They seemed to use #32 to give the ball to against the press and let him decide where to attack the press.He is a big stout kid and can demand attention making the defense collapse and thus getting the shooter open looks.In my opinion Evadale is a better club with 2 of the bigs on the floor and the 3rd coming off the bench.That gives them a little more flexibility against pressure defense.Evadale will do very well against most of the local 1-a clubs but I'm afraid they don't match up well at all with Kountze.After watching them I do make them the favorite to win their district.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="934714" timestamp="1292599781"]
I have not seen Spurger play, but some people who know the game told me last year that they had a good point and post.  And I am pretty sure they still have those two. I do not know about Evadale. Has Evadale ever been 2A?  And arent they a very wealthy school because of a big timber business in town?  Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Evadale was in the 2A district  until 1987 when they became a 1A school.  They would be very wealthy if they didn't have to send back so much money to the state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01