Who would have thunk it?

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

The three smallest teams in 2A will end up in the playoffs. EC, Warren, and DV are the 5th, 6th, & & 7th sized schools in the district. Buna, Anahuac, Kountze and Hardin are 1,2,3,4. Really odd how this worked out. :shock:

I think thats a credit to all three of those teams Coaching staffs. Deweyville may well be 1A next realignment year. EC may meet up with Newton in the 1st round of the playoffs this year, and EC will play them hard and just might pull out the Victory. EC is a complete team with some awesome talent on both sides of the ball. Warren will suprise some folks in the playoffs, that team doesn't quit and plays hard.

EC has talented kids on both sides of the ball and they play with a lot of heart. We'll lose some good Seniors for next season but we have a SOLID corps of Juniors including Tramain Thomas, Vance McDonald, Quentin Joseph, Kendall Barrow and Carlos Trevino from the offense. LB's Paul Trammell & Justin Devillier, DL Bryan Vigers, Scott Penny & Isaiah White with Thomas, Barrow and MacDonald in the secondary.

EC has fought the injury bug all season and faced the tragic death of a classmate last week to remain undefeated to date. I compliment our coaching staff for keeping the kids focused through all the diversity.

Guest ECBucFan

EC has talented kids on both sides of the ball and they play with a lot of heart. We'll lose some good Seniors for next season but we have a SOLID corps of Juniors including Tramain Thomas' date=' Vance McDonald, Quentin Joseph, Kendall Barrow and Carlos Trevino from the offense. LB's Paul Trammell & Justin Devillier, DL Bryan Vigers, Scott Penny & Isaiah White with Thomas, Barrow and MacDonald in the secondary.

EC has fought the injury bug all season and faced the tragic death of a classmate last week to remain undefeated to date. I compliment our coaching staff for keeping the kids focused through all the diversity.[/quote']

I agree 100% :D:D:D ...............(PS: I think it's "adversity")

My heart goes out to the folks at EC after hearing about the tragic accident last week.Made me have a late night talk with my kids and reevaluate whats really important and what we sometimes think is.Our prayers from Warren are with the folks in Chambers county.Best of luck to all the teams in 24aa the rest of the way.

The three smallest teams in 2A will end up in the playoffs. EC' date=' Warren, and DV are the 5th, 6th, & & 7th sized schools in the district. Buna, Anahuac, Kountze and Hardin are 1,2,3,4. Really odd how this worked out. :shock:[/quote']

They may be the 3 smallest teams in the district, but not the three smallest in 2A. :idea:

Guest ECBucFan

My heart goes out to the folks at EC after hearing about the tragic accident last week.Made me have a late night talk with my kids and reevaluate whats really important and what we sometimes think is.Our prayers from Warren are with the folks in Chambers county.Best of luck to all the teams in 24aa the rest of the way.

THANK YOU, WHSALUM. It's been really tough these past two weeks. We also lost a fine young lady, too. After grad. from EC, then college, she still lived here in Winnie, and was a schoolteacher at H-D. Her car hydroplaned driving home one night after all the rains... Been a heartbreaking two events these past two weeks. Thanks for your support...

It's just someones opinion and post, if you have different points of view, post or reply, but it's really small of you to bad mouth other schools. Why don't you praise your school or team and leave off the bad mouthing of others. This Friday Buna and Deweyville will play and I'm sure both schools will be proud of their teams.

EC will have Sophomores Donte Raymond and Daniel Renner returning next year. IMO our biggest challenge will be replacing the Seniors on the OL. Renner and Trevino will be the only returning starters from this unit. Hope we have some kids on the JV that will be able to help.

How long has EC's coach been there? Forgive me I cant remember his name but hes doing a heck of a job over there in Winnie.

Coach is Tony Valastro and this is his second season at EC. Coach V. is good but he's got a great staff of assistant coaches including Todd East, Chris Fontenot, Ted Williams, David Penny, Tommy Leday, Coach Otto, Coach Todd & Coach Andrews (hope I didn't leave any out!) :) These coaches set high expectations for the kids and find a way to get them ready to play each week.

Guest ECBucFan

Yes! We have been blessed with some real good coaches. Andy Evans was here 10 years, and as best as I can remember we made the playoffs every time (except maybe his 1st year, I don't remember for sure). Then Stan Howard come in and did great, went 9-1 before moving on to 3A Breckenridge. Now Coach Valastro has a great program going. His system is fully in place now, and we are undefeated (plus 4-0 vs. 3A's.) Great job, Coach V! :D

Guest ECBucFan

Thanks, Pride. I thought so, but you know how people on this board jump if you make a technical mistake...so I erred on the side of caution! In any case, 13 years straight of playoffs, (and many more to come) what a record! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa