Plano Elite College Showcase

mjones830

On a personal note:

Last summer at the Louisville Slugger showcase we were scheduled to play a game at 8:00pm, the games got behind quite a bit as we didnt actually play until 9:30pm. Most of us were already not expecting alot of coaches due to being so late. However, my kid had her dream school come watch. While watching he was talking to Jimmie, and told him, " she took the time to email me her schedule, I at least owe her the respect to stay an watch" Now they didnt stay the entire game, but they did stay. Since then, that school has watched her play just about every game she has played in, that they are in attendance.

[quote name="Tigers9" post="912349" timestamp="1290111374"]
Just going to be honest, and the haters can hate!

In the Elite Showcase Tourn. GTS teams have always had our games at either Heritage Yards or Craig Ranch (From the time we were 13yo). We have always had pretty good game times from the beginning, due to a previous relationship with Bandcroft and the up and coming powers in that organization. We have competed against them from 10U (won some lost some) all around the country, from Colorado to Oklahoma, Dallas, Houston, etc. Our schedule also consist of pretty good teams from year to year. We preach daily about our kids sending their own emails, however, Jimmie does an excellent job on following up. It also doesnt hurt that we have such a strong schedule that we feed off the coaches coming to see the more established teams.

Ronald McDonald.....Just this year we moved to Collins Park (main fields) for ALL our games, before this year all of or most of our games have been at Dyess Park. I must say this, sometimes its not to the advantage for a team to have MAIN field and PRIME times.....if you are honest with yourself, your players and parents......sometimes its worthless to waste your time playing in front of the entire SEC, Big 12, ACC , etc.....It may be better served to play where your players and schools match. If in some instances you have "A" player that has that kind of talent, she will be known about (through contacts) and they will come to where YOU are.

Just saying, I think sometimes to much emphesis is put on Fields!
[/quote]

Sorry for jumping in at the end, but this has been a long week, and all of it "out of pocket", away from the web ....

CRUSH (Birdwell) ended up 2-2 in Plano.  We had coaches at all 4 games, incuding Craig Ranch and Heritage.  We got several good looks for both of our seniors (probably got both of them locked up), and our 'young-uns' made some good impressions as well.

Both of my seniors spent Friday night emailing LATE updates to coaches, and dispite all of the schedule changes, they were able to find us!  It's the players' job to get them there, and ours did their part!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed