Dayton Bronco Defense

Does Rip have more left in the tank when playing linebacker or when playing DE and TE/T on offense.  Less running is involved with the offensive and defensive line line scenario, but he is really good at LB.  What do you guys think?

I REALLY like the Defensive line when Rip, Wright, and Toussant are playing.  Don't forget that Booth can play a little Defensive End as well.  Can you imagine how nasty the combo of those four players would be subbing in and out on the Defensive line?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="900964" timestamp="1289174875"]
Does Rip have more left in the tank when playing linebacker or when playing DE and TE/T on offense.  Less running is involved with the offensive and defensive line line scenario, but he is really good at LB.  What do you guys think?

I REALLY like the Defensive line when Rip, Wright, and Toussant are playing.  Don't forget that Booth can play a little Defensive End as well.  Can you imagine how nasty the combo of those four players would be subbing in and out on the Defensive line?
[/quote]
I know what you mean Dude. I like the looks of those big three on the line, but I think it will depend on the type of offense we're facing. Playing LB will give him freedom to rome to whichever gap he's needed. I would think LB against Livingston would the best spot for him, but who knows. The other LB's are playing tough now also. Duff, Bugsby, and #35 (forget name) are pretty stout in their own right. I'm gonna trust the coaches on this one, but if they call me to ask my opinion, I'll be ready. ;D

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="900964" timestamp="1289174875"]

[/quote]

I played both i think two years ago and linebacker takes more smarts but d line takes more out of you.Rib and Jock both told me the same this year.But iv never seen a kid the size of Rip that can keep going and going,so i dont think there is a problem there.And i think # 35 is jake.

Guest whoabroncos09
[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="901166" timestamp="1289182712"]
God Rip is a friend and id hate to have to root against him if he plays at the next level.
[/quote] Root for him!! :) At least he is going to be going somewhere. He will have tons of support from fans in Dayton and all his other friends.

[quote name="whoabroncos09" post="901234" timestamp="1289184326"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=75494.msg901166#msg901166 date=1289182712]
God Rip is a friend and id hate to have to root against him if he plays at the next level.
[/quote] Root for him!! :) At least he is going to be going somewhere. He will have tons of support from fans in Dayton and all his other friends.
[/quote]
I will but it will be against what i beleave in.lol

Guest whoabroncos09
[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="901237" timestamp="1289184479"]
[quote author=whoabroncos09 link=topic=75494.msg901234#msg901234 date=1289184326]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=75494.msg901166#msg901166 date=1289182712]
[/quote]
I will but it will be against what i beleave in.lol
[/quote]Lol I understand. He will do great. Best of luck to him and his family through the decision.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="900984" timestamp="1289175463"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=75494.msg900964#msg900964 date=1289174875]

[/quote]
I know what you mean Dude. I like the looks of those big three on the line, but I think it will depend on the type of offense we're facing. Playing LB will give him freedom to rome to whichever gap he's needed. I would think LB against Livingston would the best spot for him, but who knows. The other LB's are playing tough now also. Duff, Bugsby, and [b]#35 [/b] (forget name) are pretty stout in their own right. I'm gonna trust the coaches on this one, but if they call me to ask my opinion, I'll be ready. ;D
[/quote]

#35 is Jake Choate

[quote name="Matt" post="902526" timestamp="1289324388"]
Joe Duff is playing really well, he is as good as Rip IMO, just not as big.
[/quote]
No doubt! That kid has a motor that never runs out of gas. He reminds me of #32 (Jenkins) last year. Not the tallest kid in the world, but freakishly strong and plays with a ton of heart and desire. Course playing with alot of heart is a Bronco trademark.  ;)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="902700" timestamp="1289337403"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=75494.msg902526#msg902526 date=1289324388]
[/quote]
No doubt! That kid has a motor that never runs out of gas. He reminds me of #32 (Jenkins) last year. [b]Not the tallest kid in the world[/b], but freakishly strong and plays with a ton of heart and desire. Course playing with alot of heart is a Bronco trademark.  ;)
[/quote]

Im 5"8 on a good day.

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="903076" timestamp="1289365571"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75494.msg902700#msg902700 date=1289337403]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=75494.msg902526#msg902526 date=1289324388]
[/quote]
No doubt! That kid has a motor that never runs out of gas. He reminds me of #32 (Jenkins) last year. [b]Not the tallest kid in the world[/b], but freakishly strong and plays with a ton of heart and desire. Course playing with alot of heart is a Bronco trademark.  ;)
[/quote]

[b]Im 5"8 on a good day.[/b][/quote]

:D :D :D :D Wish we had you back for a few more games!  :D :D

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="903410" timestamp="1289414458"]
I've noticed that Xavier Baldwin has been making some pretty big open field hits/tackles from the secondary the past few games.  Good job making hard nosed football plays.
[/quote] Yeah- The X-man is one of the most versatile players in the district and he has been doing it for 3 years now on a varsity level it's nice to have an X- factor in the equation ! - Go Bronco's this is your year bring it home !

[color=purple][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS]some of you guys (ricko and bhfan89-2) are smoking CRACK!  put your pipes down and listen.  ricko, you must be from brenham? only some from the hill country would talk out the side of their necks like that.  and bhfan89-2, why are you even commenting on this subject?  i'm a little pissed at the lack of respect that's going on in here.  the bronco defense trampled all over that blue and white a#@ (54-0).  and you got nerve to be talking smack.  please, get it together. 

moving along shall we, to more important matters: the DAYTON BRONCO DEFENSE.  i'll never take anything away from '09s hill, jenkins and wright combination.  they were awesome and worked together well.  but this front line of toussant, wright and ripkowski is underrated.  they are whipping a#@ first and asking questions later.  give credit were credit is due.  they are a solid unit with some impressive back-up like duff, choate, baldwin, st.andre, bugby, williams and  burke.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name="NaturalBeauty80" post="903583" timestamp="1289427351"]
[color=purple][size=12pt][font=Comic Sans MS]some of you guys (ricko and bhfan89-2) are smoking CRACK!  put your pipes down and listen.  ricko, you must be from brenham? only some from the hill country would talk out the side of their necks like that.  and bhfan89-2, why are you even commenting on this subject?  i'm a little pissed at the lack of respect that's going on in here.  the bronco defense trampled all over that blue and white a#@ (54-0).  and you got nerve to be talking smack.  please, get it together. 

moving along shall we, to more important matters: the DAYTON BRONCO DEFENSE.  i'll never take anything away from '09s hill, jenkins and wright combination.  they were awesome and worked together well.  but this front line of toussant, wright and ripkowski is underrated.  they are whipping a#@ first and asking questions later.  give credit were credit is due.  they are a solid unit with some impressive back-up like duff, choate, baldwin, st.andre, bugby, williams and  burke.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote] Yeah what he said ;D

Tell us how you feel there Natural Beauty!  :D Great screen name by the way. I think the defense has earned a lot of respect this year from the Bronco faithful and the many stunned opponents. After Sat. night that respect will grow even more.

As far as the homers on here who refuse to acknowlege the Bronco superiority, well....it's an internet message board. Don't let 'em get under your skin. It'll mess up the Natural Beauty!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder