Who is better Kirbyville or Carthage?

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="895625" timestamp="1288808499"]
Has Carthage played Bridge City?  If so we could compare how many points each team allowed, scored and point differential....Doesn't matter how K'vill does against Center...Bridge City is the only the true measuring stick of how teams will fair against each other  ;D
[/quote]

??? ???

It was my poor attempt at humor.  There was a lot of time spent on another thread (which has since been deleted I think) debating which team was better based on how each team had done against BC...which I found funny because Kville and WOS haved played each other.  So when I saw this thread that was the first thing that popped into my head...

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="895723" timestamp="1288815794"]
It was my poor attempt at humor.  There was a lot of time spent on another thread (which has since been deleted I think) debating which team was better based on how each team had done against BC...which I found funny because Kville and WOS haved played each other.  So when I saw this thread that was the first thing that popped into my head...
[/quote]

lol...I looked at your name and said....Mannnn I know he knows better than that.... ;)

[quote name="Hornet" post="896338" timestamp="1288880029"]
Carthage! Their QB is a monster..even though he's only 5'8" and 160! Seen them play last year before they won state. Very sound team! Kirbyville is no slouch. Saw them also against Anahuac in Dayton. It would be a great game!
[/quote]

I think kirville has this game under control!  :)  :)

[quote name="Bulldog#2" post="896409" timestamp="1288884798"]
there QB is really good and accurate. so is the WR jalen he is a fast WR andd maybe there best one.
also the RB hunter Holland is really good to and once he gets hot there is no stopping him.
[/quote] Carthage is good, but Kirbyville would thump Carthage if they played.

[quote name="Hornet" post="896338" timestamp="1288880029"]
Carthage! Their QB is a monster..even though he's only 5'8" and 160! Seen them play last year before they won state. Very sound team! Kirbyville is no slouch. Saw them also against[b] Anahuac in Dayton[/b]. It would be a great game!
[/quote]

Oh yeah, that game.  One of the most boring games I've ever seen.  Kirbyville only ran a couple different plays all game long and so did Anahuac.  It honestly wasn't a display of what Kirbyville can really do, and this year's team is better, more balanced.  As far as being better than Carthage?  I really can't say but I would guess they're pretty even.

[quote name="HomerJ" post="895526" timestamp="1288798749"]
Carthage mashed Gilmer..who is down but still very good.  Carthage is gaining steam and as one earlier poster put-they are the team to beat in 3A. 
[/quote]

and were not!!! we have not let a game go yet!! Yes Carthage is a great team, but the cats know how they play ball. We lost the first year and won the second. I think that if and when they meet up, it will be the best game of the year and i know Kirbyville will Finally be bringing home a STATE TITLE!  and when we do meet up and we lose who cares WE AT LEAST MADE IT THERE!!! AND THIS WILL MAKE 3YRS AND COUNTING

[quote name="kville68" post="893888" timestamp="1288641979"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=75375.msg893882#msg893882 date=1288641735]
Carthage is the 2 time defending 3A DI State Champs correct?

I'll take Carthage until prooven otherwise. No knock on KVille, but Champ is Champ until prooven otherwise.

Besides, these two will not be in the same division if memory serves me correct. Won't find out on the field.
[/quote]

Unless they let all the players from those 2 teams come out and suit up again old trophies wont do anyone much good.
[/quote]
Insane comment everyday those kids step on the field they know they are the 2 time defending state champion. They know what it takes to win it and it gives them an edge. If you have ever won it all you would know what I mean. Old trophies equal points at practice and in games.

[quote name="Bulldog#2" post="901654" timestamp="1289234767"]
Well the and counting will stop after this year..... who do yall have for next year???
Fred? hahaha but i do hope yall make it....
[/quote] Actually we have Haywood, Irvine, Smith, Jacko and a stud running back on JV that will be packing the ball next year.....lookout!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="901996" timestamp="1289258556"]
[quote author=Bulldog#2 link=topic=75375.msg901654#msg901654 date=1289234767]
Well the and counting will stop after this year..... who do yall have for next year???
[/quote] Actually we have Haywood, Irvine, Smith, Jacko and a stud running back on JV that will be packing the ball next year.....lookout!
[/quote]
Jasper has all those returning freshmen that started also the freshemne team that beat yalls Jv team. with the help of Jaspers JV qb, there center and a lot more....

[quote name="Bulldog#2" post="902487" timestamp="1289321340"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=75375.msg901996#msg901996 date=1289258556]
[/quote]
Jasper has all those returning freshmen that started also the freshemne team that beat yalls Jv team. with the help of Jaspers JV qb, there center and a lot more....
[/quote] Yall had talent this year on Varsity....Kirbyville never has a dominate JV team remember that. Once again you will get out coached. We are losing alot of key players this year, but dont get too excited because we still have playmakers coming up. Newton dominated our underclassman 3 years in a row but have not beaten our varsity squad since 2002.

[quote name="Bulldog#2" post="902487" timestamp="1289321340"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=75375.msg901996#msg901996 date=1289258556]
[/quote]
[/quote] You will have to worry about other teams than just us if yall talking playoffs next year. Like i said, we will be in a rebuilding year next year. We still have alot of young playmakers coming up. Coach Alvarez good about evaluating talent once these young men get on varsity. Good luck

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="903321" timestamp="1289407801"]
[quote author=Bulldog#2 link=topic=75375.msg903313#msg903313 date=1289407126]
You have seen our underclassmen on varsity. And they all got great talent. Out Coach?? i dont think so the head coach will leave.
[/quote]

That's even worse..lol   New system,new direction..takes time to learn... ;)
[/quote]

Excatly so this running up the score on us...... ok we will see what happens

[quote name="Bulldog#2" post="903332" timestamp="1289408964"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=75375.msg903321#msg903321 date=1289407801]
[quote author=Bulldog#2 link=topic=75375.msg903313#msg903313 date=1289407126]
You have seen our underclassmen on varsity. And they all got great talent. Out Coach?? i dont think so the head coach will leave.
[/quote]

That's even worse..lol   New system,new direction..takes time to learn... ;)
[/quote]

Excatly so this running up the score on us...... ok we will see what happens
[/quote]

It's not my job to Coach...So if you have a problem with that get in touch with Coach Alvarez..I'm just like any other fan,I just talk about football.. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124