.......KIRBYVILLE VS WILLS POINT.......(game in Kilgore)

Kville_Kats

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They run the spread just like BC did last night.  Their stud is QB Trent Jurica.  He had hrown for 4,000 yards in his career coming into this season.  I believe he is avg 250+ passing a game.  I would venture to say that they don't run the ball as well as BC did last night...in other words they are more one dimensional.  As for their defense they have given up 82 pts through 3 games.  I think they lost last night to Athens and their record now stands at 2-2.  As far as a predicition I think Kirbyville will win this one in possibly the same fasion as last night game vs BC.  As long as Kirbyville's pass defense can carry over what they did in the 2nd half vs BC they shoud be fine.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="850164" timestamp="1284815390"]
have they played anyone with any strength this season?...sounds like their defence isn't that strong, but they must have good recievers for the qb to have stats like that.
[/quote]

I'll have to do more research of their opponents.  Will ge back with you soon.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="850161" timestamp="1284814746"]
They run the spread just like BC did last night.  Their stud is QB Trent Jurica.  He had hrown for 4,000 yards in his career coming into this season.  I believe he is avg 250+ passing a game.  I would venture to say that they don't run the ball as well as BC did last night...in other words they are more one dimensional.  As for their defense they have given up 82 pts through 3 games.  I think they lost last night to Athens and their record now stands at 2-2.  As far as a predicition I think Kirbyville will win this one in possibly the same fasion as last night game vs BC.  As long as Kirbyville's pass defense can carry over what they did in the 2nd half vs BC they shoud be fine.
[/quote]

With stats like that and him being 6'2 /190 I'm glad he don't run a lot... ;D

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="850164" timestamp="1284815390"]
have they played anyone with any strength this season?...sounds like their defence isn't that strong, but they must have good recievers for the qb to have stats like that.
[/quote]

They are 3-1... Only loss to a Gladewater team who was alot more athletic and fast.. Kville wins this one by at least 3 TDS...

Personally Im glad to see Kville playing teams that play the spread offense. We have lost 2 state games because of it!! I think BC held their own but Kville fixed their issues and came back with a vengeance. I think Kville will win. Defense is doing really good, and our offense is coming together!

[b][size=16pt][color=red][font=Comic Sans MS]LETS GO WILDCATS[/font][/color][/size][/b]

[quote name="Eagleborn" post="850191" timestamp="1284819661"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=73116.msg850164#msg850164 date=1284815390]
[/quote]

They are 3-1... Only loss to a Gladewater team who was alot more athletic and fast.. Kville wins this one by at least 3 TDS...
[/quote]

They lost last night to Athens 38-33 dropping them to 2-2 for the season.

Scores and opponents records for Wills Pt. & Kirbyville

[u]Wills Point[/u]                                                    [u]Kirbyville[/u]
Win vs Mabank(0-4) 38-20                      Win vs Coldspring (3-1) 20-6
Loss vs Gladewater (2-2) 21-35              Win vs Newton (2-1) 41-6
Win vs Ferris (1-3) 48-27                        Win vs Vidor (0-4) 39-7
Loss vs Athens (3-1) 33-38                    Win vs Bridge City (3-1) 51-31

Take it for what it is worth but that's the only way you can really compare without going to look at the teams that each opponent played.

[quote name="East TX" post="851751" timestamp="1284947245"]
Kirbyville by a landslide.....My goodness this team has given up 120 points in 4 games to fairly weak opponents.  Being 2-2, I don't think they will challenge Kirbyville.
[/quote]

I don't like to call it against a team that we don't know much about but you have a valid point.  Kirbyville has beaten a solid Coldspring and very good Newton and Bridge City.  Seeing the spread offense that BC ran will help the Cats very much.  Plus I am not sure that their QB is as good all around as Menard was for BC.  That dang Zone Read play and good passing gave Kirbyville fits nd from what I've heard they don't have as good of a running game as BC.  We'll have to see what their O'Line is capable of against Kirbyville's fast and strong front 7.

The stats prety much sum up how this game is going to be played....
Wills Point 1180 Yards Passing
                635 Yard Rushing (Ford has 664 by himself)

Kville 378 Yards Passing
      1356 Yards Rushing

It should not be hard for the 'Cats to prepare for this one. Just keep your eyes in the air!

[quote name="Lefty99" post="851697" timestamp="1284943845"]
[quote author=liftedpowerstroke link=topic=73116.msg851695#msg851695 date=1284943674]
Which Stadium are they playing at? the College or the High School?

[/quote]

Both HS and College play at Kilgore JC football stadium.

Kirbyville and Wills Point are playing at the Kilgore ISD Stadium - R.E. St. John Stadium - located at 600 Harris Street in Kilgore.

[quote name="kville" post="852013" timestamp="1284995774"]
The stats prety much sum up how this game is going to be played....
Wills Point 1180 Yards Passing
                635 Yard Rushing (Ford has 664 by himself)

Kville 378 Yards Passing
       1356 Yards Rushing

It should not be hard for the 'Cats to prepare for this one. Just keep your eyes in the air!
[/quote] I definely underestimated BC potentials so therefore i'm not gonna make any predictions. Kirbyville is a force to be reckoned with year in year though. I dont know anything about Willis Point or their tradition.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83