2A vs 3A

kville

Being from Kirbyville I have heard alot of talk about how Kirbyville will not be able to repeat the success of the past few years because we have moved (back) up to 3A. As Kirbyville fans are quick to point out we were 3A in the past and it is not new to the team. This is NOT what this thread is about. I am looking for thoughts from real football fans on a realistic level. Not blind ramblings of hometown fanatics. That being said.....

It seems that the general thought is that a 2A team is somehow less of a team because most of the most "talented" players have to play both ways which at a glance seems reasonable. 3A is more challenging for a smaller team moving up because they lack "depth" in the line up. But there is a REAL WORLD, PRACTICAL reason that I dissagree with that logic.

In keeping up with not only Kville ball, but all of great local teams posted on this forum one thing is always true and always will be. Mabey five players make or break the team. It takes the whole teams effort but a small number change the tide. Let me take two players of my choice away from any team out there and I can hurt their Friday night performance no matter how big they are. Thats why one injury of a key player can hurt a whole teams chances. (Keep following me I promise this goes somewhere.) No matter what team we play, weather it is a 2A team or a 4A team the compitition ends up playing its very best players to match up with our best players. You see the same young men on both teams on almost every play. You here the same names until you know the opposing teams standouts as well as your own. Its no secret who our star players are and right now Vidors coaches are (or should be) making adjustments to compensate for it. Who is fast enough to catch Ford or Haywood in the open field, who is physical enough to cover Cucancic, who can block Tyler or Breed? That coach is going to play who he has to trying to win and that means SOMEONE IS GOING TO PLAY BOTH WAYS WEATHER THEY DID LAST WEEK OR NOT. At least our guys and the rest of the iron men of small town Texas football have the conditioning and aggressiveness to do it not just this week but every game. They do it from Pee Wee through Varsity.  Now my theory goes to hell If we have to move up to 5a. But even then with some of those teams might not have the "Depth" to handle a State ranked 2 or 3 A team. I would have bet money on Muleshoe against just about anyone. My point is simply this... when you get right down to is even if your 3A or even 4A  and you have twice as many boys to choose from You still have to match your opponent man for man and some talent is hard to match. Thats why they get the scholarships, the respect and the recognition. You see the same 25 boys names on this site every week no matter what thread you read.  I know its a team sport but at ANY level the chosen few make or break you. Any thoughts.

Nobody has caught more "heat" than WOS when they moved from 4A to 3A.  Everybody expected them to be a shoe in for a state berth.  Truth is, WOS had been playing with 3A numbers on the team long before the school dropped down in classifications.  The difference is the depth.  How many players have to go both ways.  It can only take you so far and if a key person gets hurt, it's usually crucial to your team.  We have had our share of injuries and misfortunes since dropping down.  I wouldn't listen to what everybody else says about K'ville not competing in 3A because they were 2A last year.  It's all baloney.  If you have the players, and they are all healthy, and you have a good game plan, you will succeed.  K'ville has a good coach, good players and have proven they can compete and win on several levels!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami