Vidor Football

I agree that a diversified offense is harder to defend than a one dimensional attack.  In Vidor's case, they probably wouldn't have to throw more than 20% of their plays to loosen up the defense.  Most teams play against the slot T with 8, (or more), defenders in the box.  The threat of a receiver getting behind that run-stop defense becomes very real with a credible passing game.

[quote name="skipper" post="830893" timestamp="1282786100"]
i for one would like to see vidor put the ball in the air more.over the couple years vidor has become a running team ,just think what a passing game mixed in with the running would do.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure most schools would love to be great at both, kinda the goal. Vidor does what fits Vidor's kids and the system Mathews runs. Some schools don't need to be in the spread but hey, its what the coaches want.

[quote name="Gabe" post="831455" timestamp="1282873475"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=72048.msg830893#msg830893 date=1282786100]
i for one would like to see vidor put the ball in the air more.over the couple years vidor has become a running team ,just think what a passing game mixed in with the running would do.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure most schools would love to be great at both, kinda the goal. Vidor does what fits Vidor's kids and the system Mathews runs. Some schools don't need to be in the spread but hey, its what the coaches want.
[/quote]I don't want us to run the spread. We just need to mix in a pass every now and then. WOS used the screen pass against us very well. That would be a great addition to our game plan.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83