PNG vs Friendswood...Wed, Fri, Sat

I cannot bite my tongue any longer... I was at all 3 games and did not sit close enough to FW's fans to hear comments, if there were any.....but what I DID see in game 3 on a couple of occassions  was the FW BASEBALL PLAYERS themselves make jesters to the PNG fans...like "cut throat" waiving goodbye & saluting to the PNG fans. One of the times was after FW hit a homerun and they other was at the end of the game. To my knowledge when PNG won 17-0 the day before there were no comments to FW players or to the fans..... they just celebrated with each other after the win. Just thought that was really sad to have players act that way. I would rather see quality players lose with pride than to see a display like that again....just a shame! Just my thoughts. Congrats to PNG players & fans...what a ride!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="807446" timestamp="1275179897"]
Wow, what a spewing of hate towards my friend fwstangs.  And, no one with the B@#$s to offer a simple congratulations to the Friendswood boys.  What a bunch of sore losers you folks are from PNG!  

And to monkeyblood, I just love it when people from a "community" like PNG try to preach about how they supposedly raise their kids to some higher standard.  I recall that higher standard being on display during football.  But, hey, whatever keeps you going, and it it helps you rationalize the fact that you are stuck living where you live, more power to you!  

Has anybody bothered to add up how PNG (heck the whole GT) fared against those rich, spoiled Friendswood kids this year (include all the academic, music, theater and art stucff).  I am guessing its been about Friendswood 30 and PNG ZERO!

Go Indians -- but it will have to be next year!   ;)
[/quote]

Well well well look who shows there face long time no read my friend. You know its real funny we dont see or hear from you after you guys went down in the playoffs back in the football season. Yes we have not forgotten your very mature ways. Just wanted to get on here and say welcome back. Talking about your sore losers. Dang I missed the mature comments. Did not take long to remember how smart they were.

Once again hammerhead, you are wrong.  But, hey, that's no real surprise.  

The beauty of this forum is you can go back and verify whether what people say about past activities and posts is true.  And, in this case it will verify that you are -- as usual -- wrong.  I was on here after the football team lost in the playoffs.  The truth is that I may be a gloating winner, but I am not a sore loser -- plenty of people who don't (yes, friend, contractions call for an apostrophe -- oh, and it's "their" and not "there") really care for me can verify that.

Nice try (sore) loser!

[quote name="4luvofthegame" post="808139" timestamp="1275416604"]
I cannot bite my tongue any longer... I was at all 3 games and did not sit close enough to FW's fans to hear comments, if there were any.....but what I DID see in game 3 on a couple of occassions  was the FW BASEBALL PLAYERS themselves make jesters to the PNG fans...like "cut throat" waiving goodbye & saluting to the PNG fans. One of the times was after FW hit a homerun and they other was at the end of the game. To my knowledge when PNG won 17-0 the day before there were no comments to FW players or to the fans..... they just celebrated with each other after the win. Just thought that was really sad to have players act that way. I would rather see quality players lose with pride than to see a display like that again....just a shame! Just my thoughts. Congrats to PNG players & fans...what a ride!!
[/quote]

Then you were not watching. The game number 1 pitcher made several gestures to our dugout and stands - I have seen worse, but it was in the same behavior category as you just mentioned. In addition your first base coach was ragging our kids at the end of a 17-0 game, really classy. There were many many comments made by the PNG players during the rout that were uncalled for. Both sides let their testoserone get the best of them several times, but wow - enough to sterotypee a whole town and team - what a shame, more of the same from this board.  We have quality players who win and lose with pride also, try to get to know them before you make judgements. The bigger shame is parents like you who judge people so quick, I wonder what else you judge about people and have passed this onto your kids! Now I retract that, but wanted you to see how one can make leaps, as you did, on one piece of data. Simply not right.

Better make sure your house is clean before you start bragging about how good you look.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="808334" timestamp="1275450741"]
The recent post on this thread has generalized our whole society.
[/quote]

Which one, we all have done a lot of generalizations - like the guy who bit his tongue, and should have kept biting it!!

Did not mean to strike a nerve. I am not here to "bash" any highschool kid, yaya or argue with anyone. I was only stating what I saw and what was obvious to others on the field. I also said "to my knowledge" I didn't witness anything else. I don't think anyone should show bad sportsmenship and I don't agree with what PNG did if that is true. I am not judging anyone..like I said I only stated what I saw-didn't make it up. I believe both teams have quality kids that's why they went so far in the playoffs.

What's all of the talk about between two communities? It was a baseball series that Friendswood won 2 out of 3. Congrats Friendswood, really don't think ya'll stack up well against Brenham, but hey you beat us. Can we move on now?BTW, Can ya'll loan me some of that money ya'll have?jk

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="808423" timestamp="1275506037"]
What's all of the talk about between two communities? It was a baseball series that Friendswood won 2 out of 3. Congrats Friendswood, really don't think ya'll stack up well against Brenham, but hey you beat us. Can we move on now?BTW, Can ya'll loan me some of that money ya'll have?jk
[/quote]

Agree with everything you said scalpem, it is not a community contest, but we manage to turn it into that. You are right about Brenham, they look very tough and I agree with your assessment! I wish I had some money to loan ya, but mine is all tied up in my 4 vacation homes!! JK!!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="fwstangs" post="808353" timestamp="1275479763"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69949.msg808334#msg808334 date=1275450741]
[/quote]

Which one, we all have done a lot of generalizations - like the guy who bit his tongue, and should have kept biting it!!
[/quote]  

Reworded my previous post. Both teams and both communities are at fault here. Back when I played jesters, trash talk or any kind of disrespect was not tolorated by a coach or a parent. Now for some reasons it is acceptable. Answer: Professional Sports and TV. It is not just Friendswood and PNG, it is all schools. Times have changed.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="808459" timestamp="1275510338"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=69949.msg808353#msg808353 date=1275479763]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69949.msg808334#msg808334 date=1275450741]
[/quote]

[/quote]  

Reworded my previous post. Both teams and both communities are at fault here. Back when I played jesters, trash talk or any kind of disrespect was not tolorated by a coach or a parent. Now for some reasons it is acceptable. Answer: Professional Sports and TV. It is not just Friendswood and PNG, it is all schools. Times have changed.
[/quote]

Total agreement - you will never see my kid making those motions!! But many teams have players who do it right and those who do it wrong - you can not indict a community for that.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="fwstangs" post="808512" timestamp="1275520427"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69949.msg808459#msg808459 date=1275510338]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=69949.msg808353#msg808353 date=1275479763]
[/quote]

[/quote]  

[/quote]

Total agreement - you will never see my kid making those motions!! But many teams have players who do it right and those who do it wrong - you can not indict a community for that.
[/quote]

I agree. You don't judge a whole community for the actions of a few. But it happens, sad but true.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="808316" timestamp="1275446241"]
Once again hammerhead, you are wrong.  But, hey, that's no real surprise.  

The beauty of this forum is you can go back and verify whether what people say about past activities and posts is true.  And, in this case it will verify that you are -- as usual -- wrong.  I was on here after the football team lost in the playoffs.  The truth is that I may be a gloating winner, but I am not a sore loser -- plenty of people who don't (yes, friend, contractions call for an apostrophe -- oh, and it's "their" and not "there") really care for me can verify that.

Nice try (sore) loser!
[/quote]

You always have been on the sore loser side. By the way welcome back. I love it when you call me hammerhead I might even change my name to that my english teaching friend. Thanks for the lesson I'll try and remember that!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="808349" timestamp="1275477913"]
Isn't a society, by definition, a generalization of all the individuals? 
[/quote]

Well Well if its not the JA from down south.  8)

[quote name="etbu" post="808587" timestamp="1275532028"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=69949.msg808349#msg808349 date=1275477913]
Isn't a society, by definition, a generalization of all the individuals? 
[/quote]

Well Well if its not the JA from down south.  8)
[/quote]

No, it's not.  ;D

[quote name="fwstangs" post="808352" timestamp="1275479624"]
[quote author=4luvofthegame link=topic=69949.msg808139#msg808139 date=1275416604]
[/quote]

Then you were not watching. The game number 1 pitcher made several gestures to our dugout and stands - I have seen worse, but it was in the same behavior category as you just mentioned. In addition your first base coach was ragging our kids at the end of a 17-0 game, really classy. There were many many comments made by the PNG players during the rout that were uncalled for. Both sides let their testoserone get the best of them several times, but wow - enough to sterotypee a whole town and team - what a shame, more of the same from this board.  We have quality players who win and lose with pride also, try to get to know them before you make judgements. The bigger shame is parents like you who judge people so quick, I wonder what else you judge about people and have passed this onto your kids! Now I retract that, but wanted you to see how one can make leaps, as you did, on one piece of data. Simply not right.

Better make sure your house is clean before you start bragging about how good you look.

[/quote]Get a life

[quote name="injun" post="808695" timestamp="1275578476"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=69949.msg808352#msg808352 date=1275479624]
[quote author=4luvofthegame link=topic=69949.msg808139#msg808139 date=1275416604]
[/quote]

[/quote]Get a life
[/quote]

Wow - that added a lot. Enjoy your life!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder