Central 22 Lumberton 14 Final/Comments

lonestar

I might even take this off my signature' date='just because yall hung with them tonight..I am almost a believer..[/quote']

Hey piratefan, maybe you could drop the "Southlake Carroll" and replace it with "Corpus Christi Calallen" - a team that came close so many times to making the finals.

Regardless, Lumberton is on the way up and their community has good reason to be excited.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It was an exciting game!

Central seemed to run the same play over and over, and for some reason, we just didn't seem to catch on at times. There were other times when our boys looked like they just froze with the ball when Central was coming at them. I have to say, it was kinda comical to see them just hanging on to the Central guys while they were running down the field. It was as if they were just hanging on for the ride! Eventually, though, they started to get the hang of it.

All in all, it was a great game. The Raiders hung in there and never gave up. Perhaps~~and that's a BIG maybe~~if we had tried to pass more in the last few minutes of the game, we might have been able to catch them. Not the boys' fault-whoever was calling the plays should have tried it. Just my 2 cents, though.

I've never seen half time go into OVER time before!! Central, you guys had a very respectable homecoming ceremony! The honor and respect shown to all of the previous schools' homecoming courts and officials was awesome. And the band, spectacular, as always! Too bad the half time announcer wasn't announcing the entire game!

Great game to all! Lumberton may not have won the game, but at least they stayed in it! Nothing to be ashamed of!

If they win this week I will take it off....

You heard it hear frist' date=' I will take it off if they win next week[b']....this will give them boys something to play for now..lol

Yeah, because we know those boys are hanging on your every word piratefan! :roll: :)

Like I said the raiders couldn't afford turning the ball over. I feel that cost us the game. I can tell you this, the central team started respecting the raider "D". They also got worried about the offense. Good job raiders. I will also say, good job central. I hope the very best for the Williams kid at TAMU. He's good.

The game was HORRIBLE in my opinion. Not exciting at all. Refs looked like Ray Charles(not saying they lost the game for Lumberton). Didnt even look like the kids wanted to play. Brandon Williams wasnt even that great. He could run a little, but Dishon looked better than he did. He would probably be better if he had some recievers that could actually catch. Anyways Central won its over, nothing Lumberton can do about it. Im gonna predict that most of the Lumberton fans blame the game on the pass interference call we didnt get. Im gonna go ahead and blame it on Coach Creauder, and our offensive line. Creauder ran the ball on every third down except for like 2 or 3. 1:24 left in the 4th and its 3 and 7, we are on our 35 yard line and he runs the ball! The run didnt work on third down ALL NIGHT. Creauder upset me. VERY BAD coaching in my opnion. I think we will pull it together and come out with a win against PNG.

The game was HORRIBLE in my opinion. Not exciting at all. Refs looked like Ray Charles(not saying they lost the game for Lumberton). Didnt even look like the kids wanted to play. Brandon Williams wasnt even that great. He could run a little' date=' but Dishon looked better than he did. He would probably be better if he had some recievers that could actually catch. Anyways Central won its over, nothing Lumberton can do about it. Im gonna predict that most of the Lumberton fans blame the game on the pass interference call we didnt get. Im gonna go ahead and blame it on Coach Creauder, and our offensive line. Creauder ran the ball on every third down except for like 2 or 3. 1:24 left in the 4th and its 3 and 7, we are on our 35 yard line and he runs the ball! The run didnt work on third down ALL NIGHT. Creauder upset me. VERY BAD coaching in my opnion. I think we will pull it together and come out with a win against PNG.[/quote']Dang Pimp smack.. a little harsh dont you think

Guest maverick24

Pimp you will find out that you will lose alot of suport and all your back up if you talk about THE COACH stop and realize what he has done at this school. Remember our boys are smaller and slower than everyone else HA HA! Just so you know he ran on third most of the time because they were going for it on fourth!!!! Back off if we play like we can we will have our shot at one of the playoff spots! Wich is way more than anyone really expected out of this group. Remember we are a young group, from freshman to seniors we need all of them to turn this thing around!!! Good Luck Young Men!!!

Keep up the Great Work COACH!!!!!!!!

Guest Football

The game was HORRIBLE in my opinion. Not exciting at all. Refs looked like Ray Charles(not saying they lost the game for Lumberton). Didnt even look like the kids wanted to play. Brandon Williams wasnt even that great. He could run a little' date=' but Dishon looked better than he did. He would probably be better if he had some recievers that could actually catch. Anyways Central won its over, nothing Lumberton can do about it. Im gonna predict that most of the Lumberton fans blame the game on the pass interference call we didnt get. Im gonna go ahead and blame it on Coach Creauder, and our offensive line. Creauder ran the ball on every third down except for like 2 or 3. 1:24 left in the 4th and its 3 and 7, we are on our 35 yard line and he runs the ball! The run didnt work on third down ALL NIGHT. Creauder upset me. VERY BAD coaching in my opnion. I think we will pull it together and come out with a win against PNG.[/quote']

The all-mighty Coach Creuder made a call the all-knowing Lumberton fans disagreed with? Uh-oh... watch out, That freshman coach is winning some games, the parents may be calling for him to take over next year... lol....

In all seriousness though, it's ashame what the fans on this board have done... after starting off pretty well, and playing Central close, Ned and PNG having down years...

It'd be great to be able to pull for Lumberton to make the playoffs... But people in this area just can't do that now, after listening to the players and parents on these boards showing their arrogance and ignorance....

LCM is now the team the area will pull for to upset the big dogs and get that third spot!

I’m glad I don’t live in Lumberton!

Guest Kelly Football

Well said! People expect a Coach to win the State Championship their first Year. Coach Creuder is a great Coach and should not be talked about on here.

Guest Football

Creuder's building a solid program there... it'd be nice to be able to pull for him and the team to pull off some upsets and be in the mix, but...

Pimpsmack, LTStunner, Raiderpride, Raidernation, Raidermania, RaiderHOMERS..... and etc... made sure that this team would be impossible to pull for!!!!!

The game was HORRIBLE in my opinion. Not exciting at all. Refs looked like Ray Charles(not saying they lost the game for Lumberton). Didnt even look like the kids wanted to play. Brandon Williams wasnt even that great. He could run a little' date=' but Dishon looked better than he did. He would probably be better if he had some recievers that could actually catch. Anyways Central won its over, nothing Lumberton can do about it. Im gonna predict that most of the Lumberton fans blame the game on the pass interference call we didnt get. Im gonna go ahead and blame it on Coach Creauder, and our offensive line. Creauder ran the ball on every third down except for like 2 or 3. 1:24 left in the 4th and its 3 and 7, we are on our 35 yard line and he runs the ball! The run didnt work on third down ALL NIGHT. Creauder upset me. VERY BAD coaching in my opnion. I think we will pull it together and come out with a win against PNG.[/quote'] You've been sniffing too much glue! .I don't think the refs called a terrible game , they weren't going to blow the whistle too soon , that's for sure but overall they were fair. As far as for B. Williams ,He's what? 6'2" , he covered 80 yds. in about 15 steps , and although Dishon may have looked busier, he couldn't have covered that much yardage in 200 steps. I'm not taking anything from Dishon he's an excellent athelete . The offensive line did struggle and the offense in general seemed to sputter along compared to other games . Now the part about bad coaching , you can't be serious , and if you are how in the world do expect us to win against PNG , you gonna coach?

Guest maverick24

Please do not think that Pimp speaks for the town of Lumberton. I think I read that he is 16, so his ignorance is understandable! As a fan and a parent I think that the entire coaching staff are doing a great job. I dont think we got shafted by the refs. I think we got run over at times by a great QB. I do not think Central has the same calibur players as Dayton I see Dayton # 1 and everyone else fighting it out! Good Luck to all teams. Remember PIMP is not our voice!

im just giving my opnion. yall dont have to flip out and make a big deal. i really wis hwe would have won but we didnt so i posted why i think we had problems. if you have better reasons then let me hear them. because in my opinion we didnt play a better team. there ARE reasons why we lost.

Guest maverick24

Pimp the reason Lumberton lost was plain as day LUMBERTON COULD NOT TACKLE!!!!!! We missed tackles on every key big play, We hit the Central players in the back field and could not bring them down. The speed was not a factor as many thought it would be, we caught the ball carriers but didnt bring them down on JUST THREE big plays. Our defense still held a very good off. to three TD's. We just got beat, It can be your opinion that it was the coaches fault but I don't think you will have many that agree with you.

Pimp the reason Lumberton lost was plain as day LUMBERTON COULD NOT TACKLE!!!!!! We missed tackles on every key big play' date=' We hit the Central players in the back field and could not bring them down. The speed was not a factor as many thought it would be, we caught the ball carriers but didnt bring them down on JUST THREE big plays. Our defense still held a very good off. to three TD's. We just got beat, It can be your opinion that it was the coaches fault but I don't think you will have many that agree with you.[/quote']

Well said, maverick24!! Pimp's doing what everyone here thought would happen: blaming others for our mistakes.

Plain and simple: Central played a little bit better game than we did! As I said in my earlier post, it was kind of comical to see our boys just hanging on to Central, as they were running the ball down the field. It just looked like they were hanging on for a ride. I'm not trying to make light of it; well, maybe I am. All I mean is that It took awhile for our boys to realize what they had to do to make the tackles.

For the rest of us: we seem to grasp that we don't have an excuse...we just didn't win. Now, we get over it and get ready for the next game. Pretty simple? :?:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami