Stars Over Texas Bmt

Guest shake and bake

Guest shake and bake
Crush 14U Collins/Worthy came in 2nd this weekend in Bmt. Sat we played short handed all day with the LCM 8th grade banquet taking 5 starters BUT the 9-10 players I had stepped up and won both pool and bracket games. Ashton Ratcliff was lights out on the mound and ALL the girls that were there would not lay down and took it to the opponents. Alexis Henry played with a jammed finger and batted 1 handed and made things happen. Kallye Harris played awsome in CF and batted in the 2spot doing her job and Morgan "PEANUT" Worthy was at her best this weekend in the leadoff spot. Also this weekend was the 1st time that Worthy and Talyor Frac have called pitches behind the plate and both did an outstanding job. We beat the Young Guns today 3-2 in a great game for both teams. It was a barn burner . Lost the Championship 4-1 . Thanks to Ronnie, Nara and ALL the SOT FAMILY for a well run tournament .

Guest shake and bake
It was a called OBSTRUCTION call and IMO was a wrong call by both parties. BUT even though I was very upset with that call I did tell them what I thought and I would like to thank them both for not throwing me out of the game. I do think that they made a mistake but that was not the time to get thrown out and after 3 innings I let it go....... sorta. Being a part time ump myself I do understand what they go through and we all make mistakes so there are NO hard feelings towards either and my actions were HEAT OF THE MOMENT and I will tell you what we discussed in person rather than here.

Well I normally do not comment about things like this but I feel the need to do so.

First of all I think everyone needs to read in the rule books what OBSTRUCTION truly is.

This was a "prime" example of why the rule is in the rule book in the first place.

The catcher was called for OBSTRUCTION because she was set up to receive the ball, in the base line,

about 2 feet from home plate. Contact was made with the runner "before she received the ball" hince

both umpires agreeing on the "OBSTRUCTION" call. You can argue the point all you want and I have had it

called both ways and been on the loosing end of this call several times but in the end its all about the decision

that was made by two "veteran" umpires. I think the umpires did a fine job all weekend long.

I ,for one, have learned "in the heat of the moment" it's all about how you present yourself to the umpires

and any softball coach and umpire knows that.

Guest shake and bake
Only 1 veteran umpire on the field at that time. It is a JUDGEMENT call which CANNOT be appealled by the HP UMP who is 3 ft away from the call NOT the field UMP who should NOT have even been looking at the play at home because HE should have been watching the other baserunners. Someone 90 ft away in the C slot does not have a better angle on this type of play than the HP ump who is standing 3 ft away. It is over now . Both teams played very good ball and it was an intense game as always between the the 2. Both Umps are friends of mine and I am sure we will call on the field together again. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami