What are good times from Home to 2B for a HS ballplayer ?

[color=navy]Hey guys - I am looking for what is considered a good & excellent times for running from Home plate to 2nd base ?

I realize that both speed and running the bases correctly comes into play here, but what are considered good or excellent times for a HS ballplayer runner going from HP to 2B ?

I also realize that freshman and and seniors may have different times  - however what I am looking for is what is considered a good - excellent time for a HS ballplayer and any underclassmen that reads this thread will have some knowledge of what the next level is looking for.[/color]

[quote name="Gametime23" post="783451" timestamp="1269830649"]
6.7 and below is a great 60 yd time and that is the distance from home to second. Most ppl don't run a 6.7 60 lol. Most times are clocked from home to first. The home to second time test quickness not speed because the turn taken at first.
[/quote]

sorry got confused , thinking of 60.

4.3 avg to 1st.

Yeah thats about average for high school. A leadoff guy tends to be 4.0 or lower, just depends on how they get out of the box. Probably one of the things not taught too much, how to get out of the box fast. Seen plenty fast kids have worse times to kids who could get out of the box. Most righties tend to complete the swing then begin to run. If you can teach them to get timing of when contact comes and then the right foot takes the first stride to the bag. It sounds dumb, but you take bp to take a complet swing and you still do, your lower half just does not sit there and continue to rotate. This is prob on of the hardest things to teach as you can see I can hardly make sense typing it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami