My take on Jasper...and a little more

Bobkat

Before the Orangefield game, most people on this board were calling the Jasper Bulldogs the best 0-4 team in the area or the state. Why has that changed now after little ole Orangefield beat them? It was okay when they were getting beat by a good Newton team and a good Kirbyville team in close games, but Orangefield beats them handily and now all of a sudden they're horrible. This is the same Orangefield team that had an opportunity to knock off a very good Silsbee team a week earlier. I know you have to earn respect, but I would have thought some had been earned after this win by Orangefield, but I guess not yet.

Jasper is not that bad of a team. They have some big kids and a lot of speed. Turnovers and mistakes have been a huge part of their lack of success this year. They had a couple of turnovers against Orangefield that hurt them, but they are also to predictable. I mean Jasper teams in the past could have probably told you exactly what play they were about to run and you still couldn't stop them. Not the case anymore...If I was calling the plays in the stands for them before the snap, what do you think our coaches were thinking. They get in the spread and try to run the ball out of the shotgun. Basically looked to me that they had 2 or 3 plays and that was it. And then everyone in the stadium new that when they got in that pistol formation with the tailback behind the QB in the shotgun, that they were going to run the option. They need to line up in the I formation with that big line and quick big backs and run right at people. Simple as that!!! If they can find an offense they can still upset some folks down the road. Defense isn't bad, they were just on the field all night against Orangefield.

Now if the bulldogs have given up, that's a different story. If that is the case, they might not win a game this year!!!

and that may just happen.. BC/KVille/HJ/Ofield will be fighting for third! Orangefield always has had the respect of this Cardinal Fan -- They have beat or come very close to beating some very respectable teams this year. Orangefield always puts up a good fight, no matter what's supposed to happen.. I honestly believe that the 3rd place in District is going to go to either KVille or OField.. I think that OF gets their second win against BC next week, too!

Your right SilsbeeD and that's probably how it should be...I can understand that. Hopefully we can make that happen. I would like to thank a lot of you Silsbee people that have been very positive about our team since we played yall. Not gonna lie to ya, before our game with each other I didn't like a few of ya...LoL!!! I think we gained some respect that night, and hopefully more respect after this Friday night.

I don't think OF has to make the playoffs to gain respect, though I think they have a legit shot of grabbing one of the three spots. The way they've played so far this year has already opened the eyes of many. I think OF will beat BC and will play a close game against Kirbyville. The winner of that game is a toss up in my mind.

I mean no disrespect to BC, but I think they will be the 4th or 5th place team this year. Last year's BC team was better than this year's, and the district is now tougher with the addition of Silsbee and Kirbyville.

Guest Orangeboy

OF has gained a lot of respect from me, I saw them Friday and I think they can really compete for the third spot. I expect them to beat an above average Kirbyville team. Jasper on the other hand is in trouble. They have a pretty good freshman team but not much in front or behind that group. So all I can say is pound them while they're down because they will be back.

....... but they are also to predictable. I mean Jasper teams in the past could have probably told you exactly what play they were about to run and you still couldn't stop them. Not the case anymore...If I was calling the plays in the stands for them before the snap' date=' what do you think our coaches were thinking. They get in the spread and try to run the ball out of the shotgun. Basically looked to me that they had 2 or 3 plays and that was it. And then everyone in the stadium new that when they got in that pistol formation with the tailback behind the QB in the shotgun, that they were going to run the option. They need to line up in the I formation with that big line and quick big backs and run right at people. Simple as that!!! If they can find an offense they can still upset some folks down the road. Defense isn't bad, they were just on the field all night against Orangefield.........[/quote']

HEY! KEEP IT QUIET! Wait til AFTER this Friday before you start spreading good info like this around, OK :?:

BC needs all the help we can get! I mean, you can only do so much with a roll of athletic tape! :oops:

Guest bleed orange

I agree that respect has to be earned. It is something that has to be done each week. I will not talk smack "unless provoked" against an opponent we are playing that week, nor will I predict a score. Somebody said we will beat BC well I hope so. Right now BC has our number and until that changes (I hope it is this year) they still have our number. Kvilleballa has been talking (if thats what you want to call it) alot of smack on BC and really every team in the district "fuel for the fire baby". I know it all in fun but thats not very smart beause anything can happen on any given night. BC has had kirbyville number the last few years and it has not even been close. Until that changes talk is cheap! No matter what happens this year I will always be proud of our kids because they never give up and fight till the end, even when the deck is stacked against them. We believe in the bobcats!!!!

I remain unsold on Kirbyville. The way I see it, they have not beaten a team of true quality yet. The Carthage and WOS games exposed them as pretenders in my book.

As to OF's rep, well that just has to be earned on the field. Keep winning and it will take care of itself.

Before the Orangefield game' date=' most people on this board were calling the Jasper Bulldogs the best 0-4 team in the area or the state. ....[/quote']

True, and now they are the best 0-5 team in the state :!: :mrgreen:

I will give up on my Dogs when there is not a breath left. This district chase is still wide open, and nobody has yet tied up a playoff spot. Okay, for arguments sake, maybe the Dogs are dead this year. But it is not official, and at least on paper the Dogs still have just about as good a chance at a playoff spot as anyone else. The third place team most likely will have at least two losses in district, and very possibly three. Folks, I think we just have a very tough district this year, and anything can happen.

JASPER HAS MAILED IT IN ALREADY. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WIN A GAME THIS YEAR AND I THINK IT IS FANTASTIC. IT IS NICE TO SEE JASPER GETING A DOSE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE. MAYBE YALL CAN MOVE DOWN TO 2A AND DOMINATE FOR 5 YEARS OR SO LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU DROPPED FROM 4A AND STILL COULDN'T WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont