More than 80 apply for Hamshire-Fannett coach

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="True Blue Mom" post="782463" timestamp="1269632759"]
Yes, HF does play 7 man ball in the summer.  They also have strength and training camps, and yes, mine has participated in both.  Since you're a realist, maybe you can understand the reality of what it does to heart and desire to give it your all ( especially if you do have talent and a high desire to win) when everyone has given up on you and the team.  It's hard enough to go out week after week and not win, but when you don't have any support behind you it's disheartening.  I believe some of those numbers would go up if being a part of the team was something to be proud of rather than something to be laughed at.  For someone who is supposed to know so much about sports, you don't seem to understand the players.  I'd take a group of average athletes with heart and determination up against a talented team with no fire or heart anyday of the week.  Jeez, even the guy from EC gets it.
[/quote]

Nice goin', Blue Mom.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="782307" timestamp="1269615528"]
Exactly, but to be the best you have watch and learn from the best. Not those in the middle or bottom of the ladder. wORKwith the best  and expect to be the best.It's a mindset too!
[/quote]

So basically what you are saying is as a parent, you are supposed to move your son/daughter to where they will win in sports, even if that means hurting their education?

Yes, HF does play 7 man ball in the summer.  They also have strength and training camps, and yes, mine has participated in both.  Since you're a realist, maybe you can understand the reality of what it does to heart and desire to give it your all ( especially if you do have talent and a high desire to win) when everyone has given up on you and the team.  It's hard enough to go out week after week and not win, but when you don't have any support behind you it's disheartening.  I believe some of those numbers would go up if being a part of the team was something to be proud of rather than something to be laughed at.  For someone who is supposed to know so much about sports, you don't seem to understand the players.  I'd take a group of average athletes with heart and determination up against a talented team with no fire or heart anyday of the week.  Jeez, even the guy from EC gets it.
[/quote]

That is good ole momma wisdom there. Now get off the computer, chunk the Wii in the garbage, and
get outside and work on your game.

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

[/quote]Everyone has given up? Like who? All I said is that HF does not have the team to win district right now. It's going to take a lot of work and luck. Athletes with heart don't give up. They just keep on coming at cha. I understand everything you are saying. Sometimes we say things with our heart and thats cool too. But the heart can blind the reality of things.

[quote name="horndawg" post="782491" timestamp="1269636883"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=67443.msg782307#msg782307 date=1269615528]
Exactly, but to be the best you have watch and learn from the best. Not those in the middle or bottom of the ladder. wORKwith the best  and expect to be the best.It's a mindset too!
[/quote]

So basically what you are saying is as a parent, you are supposed to move your son/daughter to where they will win in sports, even if that means hurting their education?
[/quote]There are a lot of places to get an education and a winning program at the same school. ;)

[quote name="Dav-J" post="782498" timestamp="1269638413"]
[quote author=True Blue Mom link=topic=67443.msg782463#msg782463 date=1269632759]
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D
That is good ole momma wisdom there. Now get off the computer, chunk the Wii in the garbage, and
get outside and work on your game.

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"
[/quote]

[quote name="horndawg" post="782510" timestamp="1269640221"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg761259#msg761259 date=1266432169]
Just because something isn't going your way it does not mean you quit.
[/quote]
...hmm does this include your current teammates or school?
[/quote]yes ::)

[quote name="vidort-bone42I" post="783201" timestamp="1269742914"]
We're jamming, jamming
And I hope you like jamming too
Ain't no rules, ain't no vow, we can do it anyhow
I and I will see you through,
'Cos every day we pay the price with a little sacrifice
Jamming till the jam is through

urrrgh... can't get it out of my head..... :P
[/quote]

What is it

can someone please remove the posts about the coach getting a divorce.  There are too many clues as to who he is and this isn't the place for that. 

SETXSPORTSJUNKIE.....stick to sports and leave the personal stuff alone.  You shouldn't always listen to your gossiping wife.

PS.  Check BH's record in sports other than football then tell me again how much Don Price doesn't give other sports an opportunity to be successful.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83